sat dish and receiver doubt

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 945 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Hi!

I would like to try having a satellite dish but I don't understand much of the subject and I have some doubts about the process, basically the necessary equipment and what is needed to do, if you can give some help it would be nice!

From what I understand with the dish it is possible to directly get the feeds from the satellite and then the receiver receives the feed and transmits it on TV.

But then I'm a little doubtful in terms of equipment that is necessary to have for this.

Some questions I have are:

- For what I understood its necessary to buy satellite dish with 60/80 cm and then in terms of receptors I saw the amiko 8155hd line ccam seem, do you know if it works for this goal? And then, after having the dish and the receptor, for what I understand the feeds are encoded, does the receiver (for example the amiko or another) automatically decode the feeds or is something else needed?

Thanks!

• Official Post

Some questions I have are:

- For what I understood its necessary to buy satellite dish with 60/80 cm and then in terms of receptors I saw the amiko 8155hd line ccam seem, do you know if it works for this goal? And then, after having the dish and the receptor, for what I understand the feeds are encoded, does the receiver (for example the amiko or another) automatically decode the feeds or is something else needed?

Thanks!

Feeds are typically encrypted in Biss, most times the key for this is found and shared by hobbyists and you can watch the channel

Some receivers have auto biss servers that do this automatically, there are also e2 plugins. They don't always work.

BUT you need a big dish for most feeds, at least a 1m for most feeds, others require even bigger 1.8m or more.

This is a changing hobby, after several years of biss, we now have biss2 and keys are harder to decode. (currently impossible on biss2 )

If you want to get into the hobby i would suggest a good quality second hand dish, like channel master ....often seen for sale on ebay etc etc

• My dear friend, great to have you around.. satellite hobby is location based .. could you indicate your location so someone from your location can assist you better..

• Hi! I'm in Portugal and I was checking this most for sports feeds, particular football. But I'm not understanding if nowadays still there are football feeds on satellite or if nowadays there aren't because football feeds it seems that are sent by fiber. So I'm not understanding if for football makes sense to have a dish and receiver system. Do you know if still are football feeds on satellite? Thank you!

• Official Post

Hi! I'm in Portugal and I was checking this most for sports feeds, particular football. But I'm not understanding if nowadays still there are football feeds on satellite or if nowadays there aren't because football feeds it seems that are sent by fiber. So I'm not understanding if for football makes sense to have a dish and receiver system. Do you know if still are football feeds on satellite? Thank you!

yes there is still football feeds, now it is the off season, who knows what will come next season.

• Thank you! And, since I'm in Portugal, for football feeds do you know what is necessary in terms of equipment/technology?

For what I understood at least, is necessary a dish, a lnb and a motor. For the dish I'm considering 80 cm or 1m dish in aluminum , for what I understood only the size matters for feeds. About the motor and lnb I really don´t know what is necessary to have in consideration.

Regarding the receiver I'm in doubt about which one its more appropriate. I checked some receivers like amiko and e2 because it seems that there are a lot of good reviews but I don´t know if those reviews are from people that use the receivers for feeds. And also there many models and I'm in doubt about which model is most appropriate for feeds.

If you can give a help about a good combination for feeds and if is necessary some more thing besides the dish, lnb and motor it would be nice!

Thank you!

• Official Post

most of the Portuguese feeds are on 30west ( a 80cm dish will just about be okay ) and 7 east and 10 east where at least a 1.2m dish will be required

As said already with dishes, bigger is most defiantly better .

A usual's satellite motor makes setup easiest

For a STB you will need a receiver that has hardware blind scan, like octagon sf8008, OS mio 4k, some VU plus boxes etc etc

check out the forum sponsor

https://www.world-of-satellite…/4k-uhd-digital-receivers

https://www.world-of-satellite…EqC-motors?product_id=207

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!