epg updates manually on my vu+ but scheduled updates doesnt work (vix 2.4)

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,904 times. The last Post () by Daddy Bear.

• hey guys,

I'm currently running vix 2.4 and using cross EPG as my EPG source, the only provider i have selected is open tv

I can update my EPG manually no problem but when i schedule an EPG update it appears as if its downloading and updating then i get an error message which says something like

"Service unavailable, check tuner configuration"and the EPG doesnt update

Any idea why this is happening guys and how can i fix it so that auto EPG update actually works?

Thanks guys

DB

• thanks for that master G

would you be able to share a screenshot of the EPG setup options your using?

I mean the screen where you select your EPG save location, auto save, auto refresh etc?

would really appreciate it mate

cheers

• your a legend mate and a credit to this forum

can i just ask why you have automatic save selected as "no"

thanks again

• I left everything as default and just changed the EPG Location to /media/usb, worked for me first time so didnt need to change anything else.

yup exactly the same as i do. the only things i change are the EPG location to a USB stick and the download time to 05:20. and it works a treat for me.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• i just tried master G's exact settings and i still get the same error

"Service unavailable, check tuner configuration"and the EPG doesn't update (although manual updating the EPG works perfectly)

The only difference i can see now between my settings and master G's is that he uses "epg" as the filename and i have been using "epg.dat"

Im gonna try using just "epg" and see if it makes a difference

• i figured out what was wrong guys

in open TV providers i had 28.2 AND 28.4 selected which was giving me the error above

I deselected 28.4 and now the scheduled update is working perfectly

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!