Equipment for feeds

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 604 times. The last Post () by manufact.

• Hi,

I'm in Portugal and I would like to buy a dish, motor, lnb and receiver for searching for feeds, but I'm in doubt about the best equipment combination for feeds.

For the dish it seems that the only important factor is the size so I'm considering 1m dish in aluminum with 80cm or 1m, do you consider enough?

For lnb and motor I really don't know, do you know what is necessary to have in consideration to choose this?

Regarding the receiver I'm in doubt about which one its more appropriate. I was recommended to buy octagon sf8008 but it seems that are several models of this octagon sf8008 same model so I'm in doubt what model version is most appropriate. For example there are at least 4 different versions of this receiver:

Octagon SF8008 4K UHD Gigabit - Enigma 2 - Combo

Octagon SF8008 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X TWIN

Octagon SF8008 Mini Combo - 4K - Enigma 2

Octagon SF8008 4K UHD E2 DVB-S Single

If someone can give a help about a good combination for this it would be nice!

Thank you!

• hi there

i depends so much on which transponder on which satellite you wanna scan. check out the footprints here: https://www.satbeams.com/footprints

LNB: Black Ultra High Gain of Inverto

Dish: 1.2m - 1.3m you get for low price

Motor: also motor for 1.2m dish sizes are affordable

the best receiver I can not answer you. I used enigma2 receivers, I am sure there a betters for feed hunting??

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!