Best image for octagon sf8008.

There are 34 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 20,750 times. The last Post () by bellejt.

• Hi could anybody suggest the best image for my octagon sf8008 4k please.

I am also unable to work out how to upload a image without a bin file.

Many thanks David James.

:whatthefuck::whatthefuck:

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • Hi, as said by Mr G, all the images are good, it all depends on what you want to do, if you just want to watch tv channels, an openpli image is enough, if you want to work with various and more complicated plugins, I recommends Openatv 6.4 ....

• master G

Added the Label Image Flashing & Backup Support
  • Thank you for all your replies .

i spend a lot of trying different images on my octagon and also my vuo duo2.

I have a moveable dish and pick up satellites from 3deg west to 42 deg east.

I cant understand the languages on what i watch but get some good motor sport and music channels .

I spend a lot of time setting it all up but being retired its not a problem.

I find it is always better to use a back up image some kind person has posted. They have done all the hard complicated work.

Once again thank you for your replies .

• Official Post

I spend a lot of time setting it all up but being retired its not a problem.

Once you`ve setup your tuners to USALS or stored position there isn`t much else that needs configured.

Load a channel list and everything is already there, no need to scan all satellites ~ Enigma2 Settings and Satellites.xml

• Thanks master G you certainly live and learn. I will do as you said in future.

My long winded way was to write down the satellite position stored on my positioner,move the dish to that number,then blind scan. (Nightmare !!)

• Official Post

With an FTP tool go to /etc/enigma2 folder and backup the settings.xml file.

Open settings.xml file with Notepad++.

Look for entries that start with ~ config.Nims. (these are your dish motor/satellites configuration).

If you want to try a new image insert config.Nims. entries back into the same file (settings.xml). This will restore your dish motor/satellites configuration, without the need to manually do everything again.

A motorized channel list/enigma2 settings can usually be downloaded from most of the latest image addons feeds.

• openeight works best, blocks the least of all other images, works the most skins, lots of skins show video bitrates and doesn't block like other images, works the most cams up to 12-15 different and all cams :)

• As I've said before...images are like shirts, we all have a favourite one. They all do the same thing but some are tailored better than others. I've personally tried many images (and shirts) over the years and Pure2 6.5 is definitely my image of choice on my SF8008, especially with great IPTV FNC plug ins! I'd wear the shirt too! :)

Remember you are not stuck with one image choice,,, you have 4 slots each containing an image if you wish.

• As I've said before...images are like shirts, we all have a favourite one. They all do the same thing but some are tailored better than others. I've personally tried many images (and shirts) over the years and Pure2 6.5 is definitely my image of choice on my SF8008, especially with great IPTV FNC plug ins! I'd wear the shirt too! :)

Remember you are not stuck with one image choice,,, you have 4 slots each containing an image if you wish.

Hi Funtime26 I have just downloaded and set up Pure2 6.5 on my octagon sf8008.

In other images to configure cccam I can access the files thro notepad etc on my computer as i have done for a long time.

My sf8008 does not show on the list of units connected to my network for some reason with Pure2, so i cannot configure my cccam on the root of my octagon.

Have you any idea on how to resolve this problem please? Many Thanks

• Hi Jack 1.9,

Normally when i go to my computer i can see the sf8008 listed on my network connections I then click on that and it takes me to the root folder of my receiver.

I can then click on etc and copy and paste my cccam cfg file.

The problem i have is my sf8008 does not show on my computer as being listed on my network to access the root of my receiver.

Sorry for my explanation.

• Hello Dejay Your box recognises that it is connected to the network under Network Settings. . You can start a Network Test in this area . Also you can see your IP from the Box so you can select her with the IP direct . After selecting the Box over the IP give the Password pure2 and Name root to the Networkprogram

Pur-E2 -Team

Admin of HDSC

• Just use FTP program such as the free Filezilla with uername root and passwod pure2 as Jack 1.9 says and edit from there. You may find free program Notepad++ is better than windows notepad too.

• What Problem do you have ? To connect your Box to network ?? Do you have use the settings in Name - root and PW pure2 ??

Hi Jack1.9 The problem I am having is ,the receiver connects ok to the network

In the past I then download cccam to the receiver. I then move on to my desktop computer and look for network connections, I then find the octagon sf8008 listed.

I can the access the root of my receiver and configure thro etc etc and then load my cccam clines via notepad.

The problem i have, is the receiver does not show on my desktop as it did in the past, as devices connected to my network I then do a search but it only finds my tv.

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!