internal subtitles not shown

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 347 times. The last Post () by VangelisGi.

• Hi everybody.

On my AX HD60 (which is a mutant HD60 with another name) I have tried several imges and kodiversions and always end-up with no shown subtitle.

In the Kodi player, while a movie is shown, I can select to show subtitles and for example choose between several languages. The subtitles are embedded in an mkv-file. They are not shown when playing the file directly from a usb-stick or when streamed over my home network via DLNA. On my home PC i am able to see the subtitles with Kodi (directly or streamed). The file is not the problem. I have a netflix plugin in Kodi and can watch movies with subtitles - so I guess, it is not a general problem of some Kodi setting?!

By trying to nail down the root of the problem, i have tried the following images with the corresponding Kodi plugins from the GUI menu:

openatv6.2 (Kodi 17.6)

openatv6.3 (Kodi 18.6)

openatv6.4 (Kodi 18.9)

openatv7.0beta (Kodi ?)

opennfr6.4 (kodi 18.9)

openpli8.0 (kodi 18.9?)

openhdf6.4 (kodi 18.9)

None work unfortunately.

Is there a library missing? Which one can it be? Is it a general problem of the HD60? - i really can not imagine that... Do I have a messed up system and simply should clean sweep everything? When installing an image with Kodi in one boot slot, it recognizes the add ons of other slots. I assume that means, that Kodi looks into a settings path or something similar that is used by all instances. Where would that be and can I reset this location?

Does anyone have a running Kodi instance with internal subtitles on an HD60?

I am happy for every hint concerning this. Thanks for your time. Jo.

• Finally I was able to resolve the issue by myself. I installed openSPA and kodi 18.9 in it. Amazingly, subtitles work in there. So there must be a difference in the kodi installations. I compared the kodi files of the openatv version to the openspa version and found some differences. My first shot was to override the files in the openatv installation: "advancedsettings.xml" and "playercorefactory.xml" under /usr/share/kodi/system/ with the ones of the openspa installation. That did the trick. I do not know, if it works by only changing one of the files but I do not care either. Both openspa files looked more as enigma2 files, so I guess exchanging both files is fine anyhow. It might be, that the default setting files of kodi addon in the openatv, opennfr, openpli or opendhf images simply are not the correct ones?! Whoever is responsible for the addons might be interestered - I do not know who builds the addons. I would be happy to tell, though. Anyhow. I am happy, that it works. Probably this post helps others, too? Have a good night, everybody.

• Ok, that's the solution and for the kodi elementum addon who does not load the external subtitles at all.

I was replace the "playercorefactory.xml" under /usr/share/kodi/system/ and guess what. It works !

I was tested this on OpenPLi 8.1 (Kodi Leia 18.9 ) on PurE2 6.5 (Kodi Leia 18.9) and on OpenATV 7.0 (Kodi Matrix 19.1).

Your post was really helpful, thanks a lot.

I attach the correct playercorefactory.xml file.

Mutant - All Models

Mutant enigma2 models. Support, images & downloads for Mutant HD500C, Mutant HD1200, Mutant HD1500, Mutant HD51 4k, Mutant HD11 and Mutant HD60 4K.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!