H9 Combo - No Bootmenu

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,453 times. The last Post () by smiffie.

• Morning,

My H9Combo was on Open PLi 7.0 and I tried to do a software update from the online menu, it didn't reboot and worst still is that I've lost recovery mode and do not get the boot menu.

I have tried to reflash about 7 different types of recovery images, none of which have worked, the closest I have is that the 'Open ATV' splash screen now appears. I have tried with 4 different usb sticks, 128mb, 2 X 2gb and 8gb, all formatted using the HPUSBDisk tool. Everytime it just sits there with the splash screen and 'boot' desplayed on the screen. Recovery mode does not bring up the boot menu and I really don't know where to turn now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Thanks,

The boot menu still will not appear. The USB contains the unzipped openatv 6.2 recovery and the openatv 6.2.zip. The box goes through boot / flash / boot and it does appear to read the usb okay. Is it flashing anything, who knows? I just get the Openatv splash screen with no boot menu?

Apart from the usb being formatted to FAT32, is there anything else to look out for in terms of allocation unit size or partition settings? I've read that the formatting is more important than the actual make of disk.

Been doing this stuff for many years and I've never seen a box as fussy. Can these be flashed via a network cable?

• Looks bricked.

Five USB sticks, 128mb, 2 x 2Gb, 8 Gb, 32Gb kingston low level formatted with HDDLLF and prepared with BOOTICE. Various recovery flashes tried from Open PLi 7.3 - 8.0, OpenVix, Open ATV 6.2, 6,2. All show the same behaviour in that the box goes from boot, into flash, wait a couple of minutes whilst the usb light flashes, then the box goes into boot mode. When it boots the splash screen has updated to show whatever recovery has been flashed and then stops at that point - the recovery menu with the bbot menu options never appears. If I power down and force recovery mode via remote I also just get the splash screen (Hisilicon or Open ATV) and no bootmenu. I'm not convinced its a usb issue as the splash screen is being updated and I used one of the 2GB drives to reflash a H9.2H SE only last week.

I think this box was on Open PLi either 7.0 or 7.1, and I was wondering whether I needed an older recovery file, but unfortunately I can't find anything that old. The other two combo's I have updated successfully but I'm pretty sure they were on later versions of Open PLi.

Thanks

Edited once, last by smiffie ().

• if you have 2 other combo's, take the power supply from one of them and try again. sometimes it can also be because the power supply is defective

• Thanks,

It doesn't work and just sits at the Open ATV Splash screen with the display showing 'boot'.

I'd already tried that particular recovery, albeit with a different date. I used the 128mb as I don't have a 256, nor am I likely to get hold of one nowadays.

Not looking good is it?

• I've worked it out!!

I disconnected the internal Hard drive and it went straight into recovery mode with the boot menu. Successfully flashed Open PLi from the online menu. Hope it still works when the drive is re-connected!

Thanks all.

• Well this is all rather strange.

The box is working fine but if I force recovery mode from the remote or reflash a recovery, it locks up again until I power down and disconnect the internal drive, then it works fine but its hardly ideal! So the root cause of the problem must be the internal drive - is it trying to boot from there?

I have two more of these boxes, one with an identical Samsung 500Gb internal drive and the other with a much smaller udb drive - neither exhibit this issue when going through either recovery process. However this particular box is one of the earlier one's and I seem to remember the Open PLi team provided me with a script to get the drive mounted correctly. The main issue was that the drive wouldn't go to sleep, which was explained to me as a box hardware issue, the script was a workaround. Its worked fine ever since, but I vaguely remember the mount didn't look quite right to me.

Is there a way of checking what is causing this issue?

Thanks

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!