Flashing problem Amiko Viper 4K V30

There are 40 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,655 times. The last Post () by mihaip.

• Hi, I've just got a new Viper 4K V30 and I wanted to update it to OpenATV 7.0

I tried to flash the last image I found, but after two loading screens with OpenATV logo the screen become black and the box is unresponsive.

I tried to flash a new image then, but I can't flash anymore. On boot I press green button, the word UPDT appears, but nothing happens.

Can someone help me?

• I state that I have the v20 that at first made me suffer :scundered: and it looks very similar, if not exactly the same, in hardware to the v30.

Try like this:

first update the openatv from the menu "settings" - "Software management" - "Software update" and press the green button to proceed.

Once the update is finished, the decoder will ask you to restart.

Once restarted, turn it off and try the flash procedure again with the image of your choice.

Let us know the developments ;)

Vu⁺ Solo² (OBH 5.3.xxx) & Vu⁺ Zero (OBH 5.3.xxx in fallback) - Vu⁺ USB Tuner DTT T2/C Turbo - Amiko Viper 4K v40 (OBH 5.3.xxx)

- Dish Fracarro R0100APX5G - Inverto Black Ultra Single 0,2 - Rotor PowerTech DG380 (39.0° E ÷ 30.0° W)

Colui che chiede è stupido un minuto, colui che non chiede è stupido tutta la vita.

Those who ask are stupid for a minute, those who don't ask are stupid for life.

• for the flash procedure, try to use other usb pendrives and use the usb3 port (the blue one) ;)

Vu⁺ Solo² (OBH 5.3.xxx) & Vu⁺ Zero (OBH 5.3.xxx in fallback) - Vu⁺ USB Tuner DTT T2/C Turbo - Amiko Viper 4K v40 (OBH 5.3.xxx)

- Dish Fracarro R0100APX5G - Inverto Black Ultra Single 0,2 - Rotor PowerTech DG380 (39.0° E ÷ 30.0° W)

Colui che chiede è stupido un minuto, colui che non chiede è stupido tutta la vita.

• you are wrong, there are two usb ports. One usb2 (between the hdmi port and lan port) and one usb3 (the blue one) near the RF in connector :smirk:

• :thumbup:

• I'm having a doubt. :derpthink:

Did you follow the flash procedure correctly?

I'll summarize it:

format a pendrive, unzip the archive in the root of the pendrive;

only the "amiko" folder and its subfolders should be present.

Isn't it that you put the .zip file on your pendrive without unpacking it? ;)

• I followed that procedure.

FAT32 pendrive and unzipped the "amiko" folder in the root, I even tried different images (PurE2, OpenATV6.4, 7.0) but nothing works.

UPDT appears in the display, but nothing appears on screen after Amiko logo and then the box restarts.

• At this point I don't know what to tell you.

I can only imagine that it is a hardware problem.

I'm sorry :frown:

• Code
    Hi, I have the same problem with 4kv30. Updated online and asked to restart and it never worked again. I've tried several images and pens and it doesn't go past the boot....thank you
  • I managed to solve it somehow: i connected to the box using telnet and thanks to the picture I've seen from the links above

I found the name of the flashing tool, so I could use it from telnet and flash the image manually.

I'll try to explain the procedure for who needs it:

1. Insert the USB drive with the image you want to flash
    2. Connect to the box using telnet (even if It's bootlooping, it works)
      1. The username is "root"
    3. Now use the command:
      1. ofgwrite -n <path-to-the-image>
    4. If this results with no errors, You can proceed to flash the image using this command:
      1. ofgwrite -k -r <path-to-the-image>

Note: the usb drive should be mounted in /media/hdd, so the image path should start with it.

For example: /media/hdd/amiko/u57, this should be the standard.

• Hi I have a problem with amiko viper 4k v30 while loading the soft with standard procedure usb key, it stopped and gave me an error, when it restarted boot, menu, E2 it does not load the image, I tried to rifleshare it goes to upload but after a few minutes it restarts with boot, menu, E2 and I can no longer make it flash it is blocked. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Amiko Viper 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download Amiko Firmware & Images. Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision & PurE2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!