Enigma2 box with single sat tuner, SPDIF and bluetooth remote, is there any?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,239 times. The last Post () by zicosat.

• Big Hello to every forum members :beer1:

I'm not really familiar with todays boxes so I kindly ask experts from this forum for advice in buying new one.

Currently I'm using (for over 10 years) Dreambox HD800 with some old Openpli/cccam installed on it. As my DM has broken LAN port I can not do any updates, can not install vpn, plugins etc. (otherwise I would probably keep using it)

My needs are rather simple, I want my new box to have:

One sat tuner as I will use it with one dish (non motorised), single cable only, purely for polish sat tv in UK (cccam)

I want to run openvpn (or equivalent) without problems (enough cpu/ram power?)

SPDIF audio output

Would be nice to have option for good working IPTV app (good enough cpu/ram?)

I can see that this days it is possible to stream television from sat box to other smart tv/smartphone over home network, I'd like this feature to work

Would be nice if this box can play music from my home NAS

I want box with good software/forums support

And last thing: bluetooth remote controller- does this thing exist/work in enigma boxes?? So far I have found that only expensive VU+ model have it.. I's odd that in 2021 sat boxes with BT remote are that hard to find... (my BT remote for smart tv is a big step up from IR technology, in my opinion..)

I don't need to do any recordings and no need for extra hdd or usb storage.

My budget is , well, flexible, say 200 GBP (but, ofcourse, less is better ;), I don't want overpay for features that I will not use)

So far I have narrowed my searches to:

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD 1x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2 that cost 99 GBP but have not BT remote.

Zgemma H9S SE looks nice, recent hardware, cheap, but no SPDIF that is quite important to me as I have separate stereo system.

Would You help me with this please? Is SF8008 best bet for me or are there better alternatives?

Many thanks for all advices :thank_you2:

• Official Post

this box

https://www.world-of-satellite…ision-os-mio-plus-4k-grey

has bluetooth onboard.....but no i have idea about using bluetooth remotes......

My non bluetooth, IR remote control for my VU box works pointed anywhere in the same room as the box, i agree the manufacturers really should spend more time on remote controls, most are really poor.

• I have few new questions:

1) I can see that some of recivers uses quad core cpu (like mentioned Octagon SF8008 or Zgemma H9S SE) and, for example, mentioned Edision OS mio+ PLUS 4K UHD uses dual core cpu.. Surplisingly quad core boxes are the cheaper ones :scratch_one-s_head: Are quad cpu's not better than dual core?

2) What feature my new box (system) must have if I want to watch in same time one channel on TV and second channel as stream on PC? Is it possible having only single LNB with standard cable?

3) If I run openVPN directly on sat box, will it be possible to access it form PC or smartphone through my home network?

4) how important is amount of RAM in enigma boxes? I mean difference in daily use beetwen 1GB and 2GB (my maximum usage will be watching two channels at one time plus vpn service)

:good night1:

• Official Post

1. normally quad core is better than dual core

2. possible yes, but with only one tuner in use, your limited to channels only on the same transponder

3.vpn will not be an issue on home network

4. more ram is better.

• Ok

Finally I decided to go a cheaper way and bought Zgemma H9S SE from WOS, 63 GBP in total, delivered next day.

It came with openvix pre installed but I didn't like it as it don't support cccam any more.

Installed openpli and so far so good, it works very well (apart of vpn, it was tricky to set up)

Comparing to dreambox hd800 everything loads faster, and box itself is much coller (dm800 worked as extra heater in my room, even in standby mode..).

In boot menu I have option to boot android but when I tried it the box has stuck displaying hisilicon logo and nothing else happened. Had to swith it off and on again to boot back to openpli.

Is there any android version that works ok on this box?

Thanks for all advices

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!