DVB-T2 Tuner for genuine Dreambox 8000HD

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 751 times. The last Post () by frimmino.

• Good afternoon buddies,

sorry if this topic has been already been covered, but I cannot find any useful information.

I would like to upgrade my beloved original DM8000HD with a DVB-T2 tuner H.265 standard due to the change of broadcast in Italy.

I have put my attention on this two products:

1. Dreambox Twin Silicon DVB-C / T2

2. Dreambox Triple 2X DVB-S2/1X DVB-C-T2 Multistream tuner

I am using an Openpli 8.1 Star image with Japhar Sim.

I found opposite information on the net, some says that the DM8000HD will never work with a DVB-T2 tuner, due to the lack of drivers released by Multimedia.

On the other hand some says that Openpli images have the Drivers for the DVB-T2 tuners.... I am a bit confused.

What is your experience, is it possible to install one of these two tuners and have it working with the DM8000HD?

Is it enough to have the appropriate image installed or there is the need to modify something else?

Thank you for your feedback.

Happy life to everyone.

Edited once, last by sasillo ().

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!