-UPDATED- Elite FHD for OpenATV

There are 108 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 24,481 times. The last Post () by Athart.

• You gotta be cruel to be kind.
    You have left 4.10 mb of thumbs.db in there again.

And due to the photographic nature of your menu backgrounds, I highly suggest you jpg the majority of them. You will save at least another 5mb doing that.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• you can turn them off, google it. disable windows 10 thumbs.db
    I tend to just go to list view in file explorer. search for thumbs.db in root of your skin and then delete them all. Then create ipk

• Great job, I hope to integrate a special renderer to bring posters and drop the XtraEvent plugin.

I tested that while making the skin , unfortunately , it slows down the receiver while zapping through the channels. I choosed xtraevent to keep things fluid and fast .

So it's possible to use a brander Kaleem I think it's very fast, if it has the right environment

• sandman_1983 it is probably best if you update the files on first post when you do updates.
    People naturally download the file they see in post 1. It stops confusion then and people don't have to go hunting for the latest releases amongst the posts.

• sandman_1983

Changed the title of the thread from “Elite FHD for OpenATV” to “Elite FHD 1.2 for OpenATV”.
  • You gotta be cruel to be kind.
    You have left 4.10 mb of thumbs.db in there again.

And due to the photographic nature of your menu backgrounds, I highly suggest you jpg the majority of them. You will save at least another 5mb doing that.

With already compressed pngs , it doesn't make much difference , I tried with some backgrounds , the size wasn't reduced , I guess that's the best we can get.

• Ok here is your largest menu image. Shoutcast.

Shoutcast.png compressed 472kb

shoutcast.jpg even at a reasonable high 80% quality. 129.3kb (using photoshops save for web option - yes I am fortunate I have photoshop - you might not)

I think you will find that is a considerable difference.

Even 0.5mb difference in a skin can make a difference. Don't presume users of your skin have high end boxes with lots of free memory.
    You have to squeeze and squeeze every little last drop of saving you can.

I first started out on an old zgemma s2. Dog slow box. That taught me how to make skins small otherwise it curled over and died. :)

• Because I am bored and got a little spare time this evening I am going to repackage this all up for you.

Lets see how small we can get it.
    I will only be working on the files though and not actually be doing any box testing.
    I am in the middle of something at the moment, so don't want to be installing other stuff at this moment.

• Because I am bored and got a little spare time this evening I am going to repackage this all up for you.

Lets see how small we can get it.
    I will only be working on the files though and not actually be doing any box testing.
    I am in the middle of something at the moment, so don't want to be installing other stuff at this moment.

Thanks for the help ; I managed to shrink it to 12,5 mb , waiting to get your version .

• This has not been tested.

I removed thumbs.db (again) :derpthink:

Converted some of your non transparent backgrounds to jpgs and changed the refs in the skin.xml file

Ran all your pngs through pnggauntlet software - further reducing them.

Some of these pngs might have converted to index pngs, which will need to be checked if you are using alphatest="blend". Rgb pngs are better for transparent edges and gradients.

Removed a font file that didn't seem to be used.

You still got msn icons/weather icons in this - twice - are they still required - or are they different than default icons - you could save nearly another 1mb removing them.

So we have saved ... drumroll.. 6.6mb

Now we down to 8.5mb in total size :thumbup:

Getting there.

This file isn't an official release. Just for testing.

• Next release will be 11mb and it's tested , I didn't go through all the files , deleted the doubled weather icons , jpged some files whenever it reduced the sized , and again removed those damned thumbs ( although I disabled them earlier ) I guess it's fair enough ...LOL

• I noticed though that the backgrounds has lost their sharpness , and they don't look great in big screens.

• I was just experimenting to see how small i could get this graphic heavy skin. I just gave you a benchmark to go off.

Its up to you to decide on the compromise of size or quality.

• Your contribution is highly appreciated , I can not thank you enough. I'll try to make two releases if possible , one for high-end receivers , that don't mind the extra mbs , and the other for low-end ones that needs the very 1mb of memory freed .

• sandman_1983

Changed the title of the thread from “Elite FHD 1.2 for OpenATV” to “-UPDATED- Elite FHD 1.3 for OpenATV”.

Enigma2 skins for oe-alliance based images.

Enigma2 skins for OpenATV, OpenDroid, OpenEight, OpenHDF, OpenNRF, OpenSPA, OpenViX and Pur-E2 images.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!