-UPDATED- Elite FHD for OpenATV

There are 108 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 24,474 times. The last Post () by Athart.

• This is how I work. It might help you find your own errors.

Firstly install python 3 on your computer

https://www.python.org/downloads/

Secondly you need a code editor. I prefer to use geany
    https://download.geany.org/geany-1.38_setup.exe

You need a python code linter. I use pylama
    Open windows power shell as administrator and type pip install pylama

Set geany to use python
    build > set build commands

pasted-from-clipboard.png

C:/ProgramData/Python/python -m py_compile "%f"
    C:/ProgramData/Python/Scripts/pylama --max-line-length=800 --ignore=E722,W605,C901 "%f"

Then you just need to load all your python files.
    Click compile. This will tell you any code that is not compatible with python 3.
    Click full lint (f9 on my machine), will warn you of things to clean up.

other helpful commands in Geany.
    Document > strip trailing spaces
    Document > Replace Tabs with spaces (4)

Any errors, google is your friend, which will probably send you to a similar question on stackoverflow.

The hard bit is getting it work on both python 2 and python 3.

That just comes with experience and looking through any of my plugins source files, you will find lots of examples of hacks we got going on to accomplish that issue.

Then its just a case of turning on debug logs, loading your files. Crashing your box, fixing file, loading your files, crashing your box, fixing file.... rinse and repeat :)

And for skin xml files I use notepad++ with xml tools plugin added.

That will tell you any xml errors on save. Also can format code with pretty print.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• ... and this is how I find the screen to skin. I am actually doing this right now as I am updating some screens in my skins.

Find the screen you want. i.e Language selection
    open the screen on your box.

Then in your debug logs... look to see what this screen is called.

21:18:31.8007 [Skin] Processing screen 'LocaleSelection', position=(210, 120), size=(1500x840) for module 'LocaleSelection'.

look for the screen in for example openatvs github.

https://github.com/openatv/eni…creens/LocaleSelection.py

copy the skin code to give you all the elements. Change the size, position, colours etc to personalise.

I also check metrix hd skin folder to, to see how they skin it.
    /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skinfiles

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• First of all , I wasn't aware of your health issues , since I'm not really active on this forum , and I hope you're feeling better .
    I'll try to take your tips and advices into consideration , although I doubt I'll have the sufficient time and desire to get all this into my lazy summer brain .
    Anyway , thanks a lot .

• and i'm not sure, but i think biko has launched xtra-events in its nitro skin.

yes, at first 75% or more of the problem is the compatibility of skin components for working with py2 and py3

o xtraevent yes, it works great on py3 only OBH 5.1 which require special version 3.3

latest version 5.2 is compatible with all py3

ps:

The biggest library I have to deal with for the skin py3 component is the one for the Polish developer @ J00zek

I thought he was Russian, and oktuscorrected me that he was Polish :smiling face:

Enigma2 skins for oe-alliance based images.

Enigma2 skins for OpenATV, OpenDroid, OpenEight, OpenHDF, OpenNRF, OpenSPA, OpenViX and Pur-E2 images.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!