Dreambox ONE 4K

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,046 times. The last Post () by Begunner.

• Hi all,

Hope you are all well...

I've had a satellite dish for a long time and dabbled with Linux boxes.

I have legit subscriptions but also wanted the other benefits that come with having a motorised dish.

Unfortunately, having played with this box for a couple of months, I find it's not an allrounder like my previous box (VU+)

It's too late I'll have to put up with this box now but wondering what other people think about the pros & cons of their boxes.

Kind regards,

B.

• Official Post

Maybe explain better what your Vu+ can do that your dm one can't ?

There is a big step to switch from any box with an Open Alliance image to DreamOS

You need to re learn some but most is very simular :)

I have both Vu+ and Dreamboxes and for the regular use i see no big diffrence.

Some plugins like E2IPlayer is not compatible with DreamOS but instead you have MediaPortal plugin doing much the same.

When it comes to softcams there is only Oscam/Ncam working with your dm one. But they work just as fine for both boxes.

But some more info would be nice :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Hello,

Thanks for the response...

Maybe I just need to get used to the Dreambox more but I believe the VU+ is a little more user friendly... Kodi for instance doesn't need much maintenance and IPTV works fine with X-Streamity but these things are not as simple on Dreambox One (not sure if other models are different)

Or maybe I still have to find a better image (I find Newnigma2 is the best for me)

Anyway, I'll carry on learning and experimenting ;)

Kind regards,

B

• Official Post

Xstremity works just the same on your Dreambox as on a Vu+ the plugin is built for both OS same with Jedi so IPTV should not be any diffrence

When it comes to Kodi i really don't use it but should be the same here as long as a I can see. But you also have the option with your Dreambox to install Coreelec on a sd card and boot up the full KODI. This can't be done on the Vu+

here is a guide. How To Flash CoreELEC on the Dreambox Two UltraHD

Yes experimental and learning is the best way to figure it out. But if you are custome to the Vu+ and maybe Blackhole the Dream Elite image is very simular in the menus. Same with Peter pan image. You have your Blue Panel and settings with Blue Button (Softcam) >> Blue button again is short cut to lots of settings. And all downloads are found in the Plugin Browser. With Peter Pan you can also assign the green button to open the PP GreenPanel then it's very much like Blackhole and OpenBlackhole. But in the end learning a new menu system goes pretty fast :)

GP4.1 and DreamElite also provide a Android installation Panel. But the Android system is Android 9.0 pie so it's a bit outdated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

Dreambox One 4K UHD 2160p H.265 Enigma2 Linux Android Dual Wifi DVB-S2X MIS Satellite Receiver.

Download DreamOne Dreambox One 4K UHD Android CoreELEC, DreamOS Firmware and Enigma2 Images. Team Support from DemoniSat - Dream-Elite - Gemini Project GP4 - Merlin Project - NewNigma2 - Peter Pan Neverland - OpenBh - OpenPLi Japhar - OpenATV - OpenVision - PurE2 - SatLodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!