Channel editor for MECOOL KT1?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,173 times. The last Post () by ozaziz.

• Hy

Where can I find channel editor for MECOOL KT1 Amlogic S905X4 Android TV Digital TV (DVB-T/T2/C tuner)?

thx..

Code
    https://www.mecoolonline.com/collections/meool-kt1-android-tv-digital-tv-2in-1/products/mecool-kt1-amlogic-s905x4-android-tv-dvb-t-t2-c-2in-1-prime-video-youtube-google-play-av1-supported-2gb-16gb
  • How coikutebmt says, you can edit database channels list from a backup. This works with Mecool KA1 as well and probably other similar models like Magicsee with Android TV and Live Channels app.

Here the steps:

- Go to Live TV / DVB Channel Search / Settings / Backup User Data (you will need a USB pen drive connected to make the backup)

- Then, in your computer download DB Browser for SQLite and open the database stored in /DigitalTV/backup/vsdtv_tif.sqlite3

- In t6_service table edit lcn values to order it as you want.

- Finally save and restore from from Live TV app.

Other way, more advanced and complex, which you will can even place logos to channel list modifying the com.android.providers.tv

- With ADB backup application backup providers.tv. It's necessary approve from Android TV

Code
    adb backup com.android.providers.tv -f backup.adb

- Second, unpack the backup with Android Backup Extractor (java app)

Code
    java -jar abe.jar unpack backup.adb backup.tar

- Third, edit the tv.db from SQLite browser editor. In the channels table, "display_number" and "logos" columns if you want. You can embed png logos directly on the database. Save the database.

- Repack the backup with Backup Extractor:

Code
    java -jar abe.jar pack backup.tar backup.adb

- Lastly, restore the workaround backup:

Code
    adb restore backup.adb

IMPORTANT: if you open DVB Channel Search to search new channels, organize or modify some channel, the modified database probably will return to original configuration and you would have to restore or modify your database.

• Hi,

When i open the db, there are 2 colums as

-allocated lcn

-original lcn

I am assuming that i have to edit the allocated lcn value. Can you please confirm?

Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!