That often asked question , what box.

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,573 times. The last Post () by gienio1978.

• I currently have shield on which I use an app to watch IPTV , I switched from enima a couple of years ago when the "sat" scene died for me.

The one big disappointment has always been the lack of a good skin that enhanced epg like I used to always use ( kiddac of course).

I stayed away from enigma because , as well as live tv , I have my own movies and tv shows that i can watch via plex or kodi on the shield.

Since I have been out of the loop for a while , is there an enigma box that supports a stable plex or kodi plug ins ?

Itching to get back to enigma skin , but the ability to play my own "vod" is a deal breaker for me.

cheers.

• Official Post

Pretty much all modern Enigma2 based boxes meets your request so you can pick an choose.

What box did you use before you switch to android ??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Had a ZgemmaH9s and before that an I55. But that H9s , only 1g ram , 10/100 ethernet and usb2. I would like better specs than that. Most of the videos and reviews on YT are german, but from what I have seen , the dual boot boxes take ages to close down and reboot when swapping from E2 to Android. So , given I don't use a sat' , really would want E2 for IPTV and a stable kodi plugin if possible. I remember the old dreamplex and a previous kodi plugin that were both very unstable , but things will have moved on since then ?

• Official Post

Well they have many new nice boxes with good specs.

Checkout our board sponsor here for more info https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/zgemma

And they also have other brands that might suit you even better. But since you are custome to Zgemma and probably the ATV image

I assume a new box with same image as you where custome to would be a good choice.

I personal do not use Kodi or Plex but most images support both

• Once again thank you , looking at those Zgemma's , the kodi support is definitely what I am looking for , although the boxes are all , limited to 1g ram , 10/100 ethernet and usb2 ports. If I can't find a box with better spec that has the same kodi support , I'll purchase from your sponsor thanks.

• Just an update on this. I purchased a Zgemma H9se , arrived today , all set up with a nice sky type skin , which love. Purchased this box with reservations regarding kodi , because of 1gb ram . After searching extensively I could only find one other box with kodi support and 2gb ram. However it is a combo and the reviews are off-putting about how the box has to power off and reboot to swap back and forth between enigma and android . That's a definite no go as a user experience.

Sure enough , the Zgemma , is seriously under gunned when using kodi. streaming from my own server in the same room to the box , it can't handle 1080 or even 720 smoothly , freezes , kodi crashes and box switches back to live tv. Which is pretty much what I expected and why I asked about higher specs. For what it cost am happy to keep because i really like the custom live tv interface.

Until some one comes up with a more powerful E2 box that supports either kodi or plex , I will just have to use a firestick in one of the other ports on the TV for VOD.

Edited once, last by ontap ().

• Official Post

@ahmed gazye is the Zgemma expert an he can probably point you to a good working image.

When it comes to Android. No box can just switch on the fly between E2 and Android without a reboot.

They both are full so no E2 boxes can boot into 2 OS simultaneous.

Not even you Computer can do that :)

• My opinion for what it's worth is that i've tried various receivers and could never get Kodi to be stable enough without it freezing or having to constantly buffer...I now stick with a ZGemma H7 and the pure2 skin and Pluto plugin amongst others and I bought a cheap Android box from Am*z*n just to use Kodi...like seagen in Post #7 I don't believe it's possible to dual boot between Android and E2 and keep both stable...

• Yes , I fully agree , 4k stick will do me for kodi , I can mess about creating my own skin etc. Been a few years since I used E2 , had forgotten exactly how good the LIVE TV skins look , so am well happy to use the Zgemma for tv only.

• Official Post

Yes and with an separate Android Device you only need to switch input source on your TV to chose between the OS

And that is about the same as having them on your box. And be able to boot both OS at the sametime.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!