Help DM900, REScue Mode; Read error 5;

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,462 times. The last Post () by cenaitas.

• Hi, i need help to learn and try to solve this major problem.

my dm900 have a partion problem...??!!! I´m not sure, can someone help please.

The DM900 started in rescue mode and i´m not been able to upload the firmware from the network, i try to reload the backup without success

i look on internet and try this, ...and no victoryroot@dm900:~# sgdisk /dev/mmcblk0 -z -n 1:2048:65535 -c 1:kernel -t 1:8301 -n 2:65536:41943
    03 -c 2:rootfs -t 2:8307 -n 3:4194304: -c 3:data -t 3:8300

Warning! Read error 5; strange behavior now likely!
    Caution: invalid backup GPT header, but valid main header; regenerating
    backup header from main header.
    Warning! Read error 5! Misbehavior now likely!
    Warning! Error 5 reading partition table for CRC check!
    Warning! One or more CRCs don't match. You should repair the disk!

****************************************************************************
    Caution: Found protective or hybrid MBR and corrupt GPT. Using GPT, but disk
    verification and recovery are STRONGLY recommended.
    ****************************************************************************
    Warning! GPT main header not overwritten! Error is 5
    GPT data structures destroyed! You may now partition the disk using fdisk or
    other utilities.
    Setting name!
    partNum is 0
    REALLY setting name!
    Setting name!
    partNum is 1
    REALLY setting name!
    Setting name!
    partNum is 2
    REALLY setting name!
    Unable to save backup partition table! Perhaps the 'e' option on the experts'
    menu will resolve this problem.
    Warning! An error was reported when writing the partition table! This error
    MIGHT be harmless, or the disk might be damaged! Checking it is advisable.

is it fixable or is it a hardware problem?

thanks in advanced

:spit::head banger:

• hi!

i try this

flash-rescue /tmp/*.bin

got this

Fatal: Cannot access '/tmp/*.bin'

i also try fdisk -lu /dev/mmcblk0

and get fdisk: can't open '/dev/mmcblk0': Input/output error

so i think that the flash memory is almost dad.

can someone confirm my suspect?

thanks

• thanks for the help,

i have already contact Johny, ...but i will first try some more firmware/software stuff, before open the box and do some electric measures.

If nothing go fine, i will try to sell the box, maybe some expert guy will buy it and solve the problem easily, ... with the money earned will grab another dreambox (dm920).

This weekend i will try all other options, ...

Thank you all for the suport

.:thanks5:

• After try everything, with my limited knowledges i need to move on, and try a new toy to play with... i´m not shure about my choices, can someone please write about their expiriences ... dream box two or Vu+Duo4Kse.

My primary needs are:

good/best image quality

change firmware easely

share tv with my mobile equipments

good brand/image suport.

My tendence is dream, because i alway had this brand, but most of the people i know have VU and alway tell me to go to VU, because of support, but i think that now a days dream have more suport than other brands...i´m wrong?

Ps: i´m selling my Dreambox DM900 Ultra HD 4K - Tuners: Dual DVB-S2X MS

Edited once, last by cenaitas ().

• I hve an Dreamtwo now but ithink s very limited no open image just deb. and soft for 64 biti is not verry simple to find.First receiver is one Vu D=Solo 2 Duo i liked after that i buyed one Dreambox 900 HD, both was good for me,problems is the Vu Duo is good but old and now may be soft go to python 3 so if Dramtwo will have more suport may be this is now newer the coice is your.

• I hve an Dreamtwo now but ithink s very limited no open image just deb. and soft for 64 biti is not verry simple to find.First receiver is one Vu D=Solo 2 Duo i liked after that i buyed one Dreambox 900 HD, both was good for me,problems is the Vu Duo is good but old and now may be soft go to python 3 so if Dramtwo will have more suport may be this is now newer the coice is your.

thank you !!! :thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!