EPG Import mod from Dorik1972 Support Thread

There are 446 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 54,881 times. The last Post () by Panda555.

• i have this error message with dm920hd

The plugin has nothing to do with this error. The plugin uses third-party Python libraries, including python-backports-lzma . The error in the screenshot is an error of a third-party library installed from the feed of the image you are using. Apparently, this library on the feed does not match the processor architecture of your dm920hd.

p.s. Ask Uncle Google - "what is wrong elf class" :winking face:

• I use custom sources to import EPG data that i build myself. I was running the original .deb 1.0 rytec epgimport

I uninstalled the old plugin, installed the Dorik plugin, and am running into issues :

1. I noticed a new field in the source declaration. From memory, its nocheck="1". If i don't add this, i get a twisted python error. If i enable it, it appears to get beyond that, but i never get any imported events.

Here is a sample of my source :

Code
    <source type="gen_xmltv" channels="/etc/epgimport/custom.channels.xml">
      <description>Custom Channels</description>
    <url>http://192.168.1.52/Custom.xml</url>
    </source>

Am i still allowed to utilize local specified uncompressed file? Example, the channels= value points to a local file.

Here is a sample of my URL link :

custom.xml

Code
     <programme start="20220526003000 -0000" stop="20220526010000 -0000" channel="10740">
        <title lang="en">Mansion Global</title>
        <desc lang="en">(New Travel)</desc>
      </programme>

Here would be the channel linked to the above code..

custom.channels.xml

Code
     <channel id="10740">1:0:1:2:65:195:8DE0000:0:0:0</channel>   <!--  DW News -->

This is the new way... What is the <!-- 15.0w -->  Is this required??  Please explain how this works?
    <!-- 15.0W --><channel id="ESPN2.us">1:0:1:386:1:1:D7A3141:0:0:0:</channel><!-- ESPN2 -->

I can supply more information, but right now, i cannot get it to import any events. I always get 0 events. I also noticed there is a new comment at the beginning of the

Edited 2 times, last by middleman: More specifics... ().

• I can supply more information, but right now, i cannot get it to import any events.

1) Where is the log of what is not working for you? Who needs verbal stories?

2) The nocheck='0" parameter only works with rytec sources, this has always been the case since the birth of this plugin. All other sources, including custom ones, should be nochek="1"

. If i don't add this, i get a twisted python error

Since your "local" server does not have "availability" support ))) how is it implemented in rytec servers

<!-- 15.0w --> Is this required??

Omg! Read somewhere about what is xml-format and how comments are set there...

• I don't know why people need to be so critical... I am very aware <!-- is a comment in html. I have been programming for 35+ years... However, I am just trying to cover all possibilities.. Being the imports are failing , maybe the <!-- comment with the information was some how utilized by the import program, although would be ignored by others... I don't utilize any remote servers. All the sources, and channels and epg data is created by my own program and is hosted on my own internal web server. .. I use the epgimport to transfer the self created xmltv data into the epg.db (e2)

With the old original epgimport , i never have used nocheck="1". I just noticed that when comparing the new sources.

1st Code is Original Firmware with Older EPGIMPORT.. (NoCheck flag is NOT set)

Here is the Log with the Dorik1972 (NoCheck Flag NOT SET)

Here is the Log with (NoCheck Flag Enabled) , Enigma2 CRASHES with the following LOG

Maybe you can see something I am not... Thank you....

Edited 5 times, last by middleman ().

• [EPGImport] imported 36 events

1) It's more than enough

2) No criticism or sarcasm. I honestly hope deep down that this is a technical and not a literary forum. Therefore, the log is more than important and more informative than any "story"

3) Judging from the above logs, everything works exactly as intended without any errors or surprises.

4) Based on "imported 36 events" I dare to assume that the xmltv you use does not contain information on the "channel id" tags you specified in ****.channels.xml ....

5) The situation with "nocheck" - I described to you earlier and the logs you provided are for informational purposes only. This is not a bug in the plugin.

FATAL!: addTimer must be called from thread 14224 but is called from thread 14402

This problem, familiar to me, occurs only on DreamOS, and then not always. I can't catch her. If you pull out the antenna cable from your receiver and run the import, then everything works. Why so - I do not understand. I don't have DreamOS and I can't catch it.

p.s. Read this - RE: EPG Import mod from Dorik1972 Support Thread

• Thank you for your informative reply...

4) That is correct, the xmltv format has no channel id tags. What are the specifications on declaring that, and what are the benefits if any?

Regarding the FATAL addtimer error, i guess that means ill have to stick with the original epgimport im using. Ill keep this thread bookmarked to see if there is ever a resolution.

• GOOGLE is your friend 😉

Search for EPG RYTEC hungary or magyar

Be sure to use rytec epg ids on your channels

Or use free sources like this:

169https://iptv-org.github.io/epg/guides/hu/musor.tv.epg.xmlmusor.tv
    91https://iptv-org.github.io/epg/guides/hu/tvmusor.hu.epg.xmltvmusor.hu
    8https://iptv-org.github.io/epg/guides/hu/mediaklikk.hu.epg.xml
  • Huge collection of free IPTV playlists and EPG sources for thousands of channels -

Code
    https://github.com/iptv-org

its good for your well know plugin E2m3u2bouquet, these EPG sources cannot be use in EPG Import plugin, missing references

meaning - pluging wont be paired EPG with satelite channels (bouquet list) without them.

maybe in future plugin will have function to pair EPG source with bouquet list by the channels names.

VU Zero4k ATV7.3

Edited once, last by sarsan ().

• Plugin crashes

Code
    FATAL!: addTimer must be called from thread 269 but is called from thread 397

A search on the topic yields some more results...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!