CardServer for 1810 card for dummies?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,637 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hello,

Where could I found a manual for dummies to config cardserver? I have a card 1810, RSA & BOXKEY...

I want to install cardserver only for local network. I dont know if is better use linux server or if Ican use DM500HD for cardserver. Is there any limitation if is DM500HD or Linux server?

Pls help me...

Thank u in adv

• Official Post

Where could I found a manual for dummies to config cardserver? I have a card 1810, RSA & BOXKEY...

Install oscam on the DM500HD, then try the attached configs.

Enter you rsa and boxkey to oscam.server file /etc/tuxbox/config

The Live log in oscam webinterface will show errors that can help troubleshoot any reader problems.

Is there any limitation if is DM500HD or Linux server?

The only real limitation using DM500HD as server is when you reboot/switch off the receiver or decide to install a plugin or flash a new image. All these will cause downtime for the client box. Whereas a linux server on a Laptop or PC is more stable, it can be hidden away somewhere and forgot about with no downtime or maintenance.

If its only for local network sharing the DM500HD will be more than sufficient.

• Hi, thank u very much "Master G".

I will to test it, I will let you know.

Thank u

• Hello Master G,

I have installed Ubuntu server + ncam.

I am waiting for a smargo usb reader to be delivered but while it arrives, would it be possible to configure the ubuntu server to use a dreambox as a reader? how would it be?

thank u for you time.

br

• Official Post

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!