Mediaportal Plugin MOD for Python 3 - ARMv7 Box with openATV 7.0 - NOT DreamOS

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,593 times. The last Post () by seagen.

• Hello,

Mediaportal for Python 2 is End of Life and the coder only wants to develop furthermore for Dream Boxes.

I've heard there is a MOD which makes Mediaportal work on Python 3 Boxes other than Dreambox originals like Dream One etc.

:smiling face with heart eyes:

Can anybody tell me, where I can get this mod from? This would be great. Thanks in advance !!!

• Official Post

This plugin was only developed for Dreambox with original DreamOS images.

The author state this clear in the copyright of the plugin.

The modification you are asking about is a breach and also in violation of the copyrigts

We just respect developers hard work.

• Official Post

The coder dhwz wasn`t happy that an unofficial version was made without his permission and they had trampled all over his work. He threatened to stop all further development of the plugin.

We removed the modified versions to help stop MediaPortal from dying and for all the innocent users who would have suffered from this.

• The coder dhwz wasn`t happy that an unofficial version was made without his permission and they had trampled all over his work. He threatened to stop all further development of the plugin.

We removed the modified versions to help stop MediaPortal from dying and for all the innocent users who would have suffered from this.

I think most sites removed it after his requests, but he still pulled support anyway.

• Official Post

DreamOS has not moved to python 3 yet so therefore there is no valid version for py3 images.

And all modification you find to make the plugin work on py3 images is not valid and not approved by dhwz .

This is the reason he pulled all support.

Plugin is DreamOS only and have full support.

• but he still pulled support anyway.

What i did say though to the request was that if he decides to permanently stop support we may consider allowing the unofficial version to be posted again.

In hindsight it would have been better to leave them.

I fully understood and respected his reasons for being upset about it, and that's why we removed them from our board too (infact I wasn't even aware they were unofficial versions until I received a pm).

But to then pull the support even though everyone did what was asked was a kick in the teeth and sadly will mean in future that people will think twice, before complying with similar requests.

• but he still pulled support anyway.

What i did say though to the request was that if he decides to permanently stop support we may consider allowing the unofficial version to be posted again.

In hindsight it would have been better to leave them.

I fully understood and respected his reasons for being upset about it, and that's why we removed them from our board too (infact I wasn't even aware they were unofficial versions until I received a pm).

But to then pull the support even though everyone did what was asked was a kick in the teeth and sadly will mean in future that people will think twice, before complying with similar requests.

This is just not correct, the support was already stopped 2 years ago.

The version I wanted you to remove was a hack to support Python 3 and also contained stolen code from the DreamOS version, which was never intended to be used on any other device. This was the main reason why you had to remove it.

I did not stop support afterwards, as said it was already suspended in June 2020, there were no updates since then.

• I shall strongly request kindly update it for mips /arm processor to. I dont see any other plugin is comparing with Mediaportal . I am also using it since 2014 . But now it seems dying number of links are not working . I hope you will care the request .

Thanks for your effort and work .

Dreambox TWO UHD .

Dreambox 900-S2X,

Dreambox 520,

Vu+Duo2

• Official Post

Well gerda.berner77 that can be said about many Softwares. You can program a bomb with Windows but does that make Windows Illegal?

but still a developer who has spent years developing this software

Are entitle to have hes or hers work protected. You and every one else get it for free.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• master G

Closed the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!