Preferring TV Vlaanderen Local Card in oscam over Server

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,035 times. The last Post () by skippie.

• Hi, I got a Belgian TV card with Cam. Also using a server. The server is always chosen above my local card, what can I add to make my Local Card to open the channels instead of the server ? Thanks.

• Hi.

As far as I know, this setting is used to determine how the local reader will be accessed. This does not serve to prioritize the local reader in general, but only in conjunction with the CacheEx configuration.

OSCam/en/Config/oscam.conf – Streamboard Wiki

In translation, it should mean something like this:

preferlocalcards = 0 # local cards behave as if they were remote readers

preferlocalcards = 1 # prefer CacheEx resources, if available, over card readers (default)

preferlocalcards = 2 # prefer local readers over CacheEx resources

If you want to prioritize the local card reader over external card readers, you must first delay the start of the local card reader. For example, when restarting or starting Oscam, an external card reader is connected first - within a few milliseconds. Unfortunately, the local reader initializes for several seconds. The following setting is used for this purpose: https://wiki.streamboard.tv/wi…#waitforcards_extra_delay (additional delay in milli seconds after waiting for local SCs on startup before opening nework ports). For example, set 15,000 milliseconds there. Of course, each restart or Oscam start will always be delayed by 15,000 milliseconds (15 seconds). That might help.

However, it would be better to play with lb_weight + lb_mode settings. Set the LB (Load Balance) weight so that the local reader is always preferred rather than external. However, this has its pitfalls and problems:

OSCam/en/Loadbalancing – Streamboard Wiki

... or check this:

• You probably didn't read what I wrote. It takes a few seconds for the local reader to start, depending on the type of encoding and firmware in the card. So... this 500 ms is a small value and also it's the default value (=500), so you set it unnecessarily. Set there at least 5000 value (i.e. 5 sec. = 5000 ms). However, this will only help at the beginning, then later the problem may reappear.

It is better to use an LB weight. You set the LB weight mode in the "oscam.conf" file, then add the LB weight for each card reader (in "oscam.server" file). You can use the default value of 100 for all of them. And then, for the card you want to prioritize based on access speed, you will use a higher weight value. I know it can be done with this LB weight. But I've never tried it, so I can't advise you on the details. I don't know what value you need to set. You can try to set, for example, the value between 200-300 for your local card reader. This LB weight value reduces the calculated ECM response time from the card. This means that Oscam will ask for and prefer this card reader in particular - i.e. with lower response time (re-calculated time). LB mode must be set to 1 in the "oscam.conf" file (lb_mode = 1).

The LB weight is calculated from the average of the last few data (10 default ? If I'm not mistaken) access time from ECM requests. Of course, this can also be configured if necessary (so you can change, for example, the number of last values from which the average LB of the balance is calculated). The LB weight as an averaged data, if you use it, is also displayed directly in OscamWebif (column with the name: "LB Value / Reader").

• done all that and still after a few secs the external server takes over :

Oscam.server

[reader]

label = Boven

description = TV-Vlaanderen

protocol = internal

device = /dev/sci0

lb_whitelist_services = tvv_basic_plus

boxkey = ****************************

detect = cd

mhz = 534

cardmhz = 480

ecmwhitelist = 0100@00006C:64

ident = 0100:00006C

group = 1

emmcache = 2,1,2,0

blockemm-unknown = 1

blockemm-g = 1

dropbadcws = 1

auprovid = 00006C

ratelimitecm = 4

ratelimittime = 9000

srvidholdtime = 2000

lb_weight = 300

lb_weight for external servers is set to 100

I set LB weight at 100 for external readers

oscam.conf :

[global]

nice = -10

waitforcards_extra_delay = 5000

preferlocalcards = 2

logfile = /tmp/oscam.log;stdout

clienttimeout = 9000

fallbacktimeout = 8000

clientmaxidle = 60

bindwait = 10

netprio = 1

resolvedelay = 30

serialreadertimeout = 1500

maxlogsize = 50

saveinithistory = 1

keepalive = 1

lb_mode = 1

Edited once, last by skippie ().

• However, you need to make sure you have lower LB weight values in Oscam-Webif. See if that is the case. Make sure your local reader has the lowest value. Or should it be the highest ? :-D Sorry, I don't remember. Follow and try to achieve the highest and then the lowest weight in the local reader. You have to wait a while before the average LB weight in the Oscam is created for each reader.

Set your local reader in "oscam.server" as a fallback reader (or as a fallback_percaid):

OSCam/en/Config/oscam.server – Streamboard Wiki

In the "oscam.conf" file, try to set:

preferlocalcards = 0

• Official Post

Block channels and packages on the server`s reader by creating an oscam.services file with the following contents:

Code: oscam.services
    [Block_TV_Vlaanderen1]
    caid = 0100
    srvid = 12d5,12d6,12d7,12da,12dc,12dd,12de,12df,

[Block_TV_Vlaanderen2]
    caid = 0500
    srvid = 12d5,12d6,12d7,12da,12dc,12dd,12de,12df,

Add this value to the servers reader to block the channels or packages you want to come from your local card:

services = !Block_TV_Vlaanderen1,!Block_TV_Vlaanderen2

I`ve only added some of the srvid (channels) to be blocked as an example. Latest oscam.srvid file for TV-Vlaanderen is attached. All you need to do is add the rest of the srvid to the oscam.services file.

• thanks, i try this later, can't atm. Will inform you later.

Still not working.

After each change, I hope you also restart Oscam. Right ? ;-)

Yes I always restart Oscam.

Yeahhhh that worked, thanks Master G, and thnx all the ppl who answered me. Finally got it to work. Thanks many times.

I'm missing some channels, where can i get the numbers from ?

Especially I'd like to have the srvid of Eleven Sports Pro League 1 NL. Can't find it anywhere.

Edited 2 times, last by master G: Merged 2 posts created by skippie into this post. ().

• If these are different CAIDs, then you only need to determine which reader will belong to which CAIDs. So for one reader it was enough to write caid = 0100 and for the other reader to add caid = 0500. Instead of using specific services (channels). If an exclusive CAID is specified for each reader, Oscam will only search for those ECM requests for a specific CAID.

In terms of priorities, the settings in the "oscam.dvbapi" file should help with the following content:

Code
    #### Setting priority rules for CAIDs (user dvbapi):

P: 0100
    P: 0500

#### Ignore every CAID that was not handled before:

I: 0
  • If these are different CAIDs, then you only need to determine which reader will belong to which CAIDs. So for one reader it was enough to write caid = 0100 and for the other reader to add caid = 0500. Instead of using specific services (channels). If an exclusive CAID is specified for each reader, Oscam will only search for those ECM requests for a specific CAID.

In terms of priorities, the settings in the "oscam.dvbapi" file should help with the following content:

Code
    #### Setting priority rules for CAIDs (user dvbapi):

P: 0100
    P: 0500

#### Ignore every CAID that was not handled before:

I: 0

YESS!! That solved the other service too!! Thanks s3n0

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!