Expanding Zgemmas H9x and H9.2x flash to a Micro SD card or USB stick 2.0/3.0...

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 136 times. The last Post () by gorski.

• OK, if you have very little cash, there is an excellent solution for the money! Cheap Zgemma H9x/H9.2x boxes can remain cheap and still work fully, with lots of plugins and tools, large settings lists, EPG, picons and everything else one might need. IPTV plugins/streaming, playback - will not be limited by the flash size in all H9 boxes with 256MB NAND!

Moreover, maestro Delfi managed to get it all boot from a USB stick, as well, if you prefer it instead of microSD card, since we all have cheap USB sticks lying around. So, choose which one is better for you. (And in H9x series there is a fast USB 3.0 port, so this could be a great solution!!!)

+++++++++++++PROCEDURE++++++++++++++++

Firstly, prepare your micro SD card in your PC (Windows, in this case, I use Mini Tool Partition Manager free), by deleting its partitions (if any), then creating one and formatting it in EXT4 (make it active, too):

02e9b680bf4ad0a15.jpg

Then, insert it onto Zgemma H9x/H9.2x and it should be like this...

eaaceb5e50556de.jpg

Then pManager > Scripts... Here are the major points, it's simple and easy:

3232c5ab96.jpg

e0b8f8440bf2272168b5.jpg

WAIT FOR THIS!!!

c998e7544a2b49ea0e216bac4.jpg

Full RESTART is needed!

After that go to MENU > Information > About > Storage:

4f4a5ffeb1e72.jpg

How cool is that?!? :)

===========================================================================================

If you had enough of it and wanted to go back to NAND/flash only, do the opposite script...

a04d0aa98a3ab1056ca319f1.jpg

Full RESTART!!! After that one can re-install the image to NAND, if one needs to do it...

Cheerio! :)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Has your H9x/H9.2x been purring with PurE2 lately?!?:rasta2bigsmoke0gf1::laugh1::eye-tongue::saint:

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Just to mention, as I am redoing my tutorials: from hisakatano thread onwards, PurE2 second generation scripts to enlarge H9X/H9.2X flash/NAND, i.e. to move root to mSD card - and now USB stick as well - went to other images, so you have it everywhere now... ;)

But I still see our solution using only RCU - if and when you want it - the most elegant...:party-time::don-t_mention::thank_you2::rasta2bigsmoke0gf1:

• Never interested me, sorry...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!