Tutorial - How To Install Latest E2iPlayer on Enigma2 / Zgemma Openatv 6.4

• This tutorial will explain how to get latest e2iplayer working with Enigma2. (Latest as of 2020.12.06).

I will be using a clean flash of Openatv 6.4 on an old Zgemma HS. (Later quad core versions are much better e.g. H9S etc ). also If you're using a different flash image or box, this tut should still work for you but i cannot provide individual guides and neither guarantee it will work.

You may have very old versions of e2iplayer or e2istream already installed, in this case please research how to remove them because this is a fresh install tutorial. i would recommend to start again if you can because i have had issues going this route. (Backup any data should you need to).

At the end of this tutorial you will have hosts such as these working and many more worldwide. Series9 - gowatchseries - solar movies - losmovies - streamlord - vumoo - 9movies +

Things needed: FTP Client (Filezilla) and Putty. Also knowledge how to flash (if required).

1) Flash Openatv 6.4 - After bootup, turn off and insert your Fat32 formatted usb stick or hard drive you will be using with it from now on. boot up and go through the simple setup and make sure you have setup a working internet connection.

2) Now we need to connect via Telnet/FTP but before we do... for Openatv 6.4 you need to set a password because it will not connect otherwise, Go to Menu - Setup -System - Network - Password Setup - I would set new password as" root" so both username and pass are the same. (If using a different image version you might skip this step).

3) Let's make sure our Pycurl, ffmpeg exteplayer3 and gstplayers are installed and upto date... run Putty program - telnet to your boxes ip address- enter username:root & password:root on screen then enter the following commands one by 1 then tap enter after each.

opkg update

opkg install ffmpeg exteplayer3 enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-serviceapp

opkg install gstplayer

cd /tmp && rm -f pycurlinstall.py && wget http://e2iplayer.pkteam.pl/pycurlinstall.py && python pycurlinstall.py

Reboot

Your box will restart, once booted up please move to step 4 below.

4) Using Filezilla ftp client - Connect to your boxes local ip address with username: root and password: root - locate the tmp folder and drop in the file "enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2iplayer_2020-11-12_all.ipk"

5) Now install the ipk on the box... For Openatv users press exit button until blank screen - Now press blue button - keep going down to "Plugins" then on the right side select "IPK installer" - "Option 3 Memory /tmp" - "install extensions" - press ok on "enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2iplayer_2020-11-12_all.ipk" then the green button to install.

5.5) Once installed, open the e2iplayer located in plugins - Press Yes on all prompts until the main menu appears - Select the "Configuration" icon (on next page) - locate this "The preferred update server" press right until you see "http://9thprince.gitlab.io/" now press green button to save. it will connect to the server and download the latest update which is 2020.12.06 as of writing. (if it does not update then go to the "Update" icon next to "Configuration").

6) Some hosts will not be working yet or missing, we cannot fix them all due to various reasons but we can fix some!

6.5) Let's add the missing host losmovies for now.. Connect to your box via FTP - Go to this directory "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/IPTVPlayer/hosts" - In here you will see many host files - drag over file "hostlosmovies.py" - now restart your box - once booted - open e2iplayer - go to the "All" icon next to configuration - Now you will see the missing host losmovies is added to one of the pages. if you want to add it to the english section ... - press menu on losmovies - select option1 add host to group - select "English" - now go back to e2iplayer main menu and select english flag and at the bottom you will see the missing host losmovies is added! (This is good to know for the future when someone has shared or fixed a non working host).

7) Some hosts require a VPN to work such as series 9 and gowatchseries etc... I was going to tell you how but someone named "vdubt25" has made an awesome tutorial here: (Openvpn Tutorial). but if you're stuck and have an Ipvanish account, i can send you the files needed to make it work and all you need to do is enter your own login details at your end. (just tell me the desired server location required).

Now you should be up and running!

Additional things:

1) For older Enigma2 boxes remember to enable "Use the PyCurl for HTTP(s) requests" in e2iplayer Configuration. you should now have a better browsing experience.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Sometimes your movie player e.g. exteplayer gives out an error when trying to play from a host server, you might need to adjust a setting in the e2iplayer "Configuration", (the same location as step 4 above) - But this time go to the 3rd page of Configuration and find "First movie player without buffering mode" - set this to "Auto" and then save. ( Some quad core boxes do not have this issue). If you continue to have issues with a server then it is probably not working or your VPN needs resetting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) When checking for e2iplayer updates and installing.. you may lose the missing host files you added earlier e.g. hostlosmovies. so be sure to re-add them back or alternatively set file permissions on each of them to read-only on filezilla ftp client to avoid them getting deleted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4) Openvpn not connecting anymore- For some reason the Client.conf file sometimes gets deleted in the /etc/openvpn directory, you just need to re-add it but this time set file permissions to read-only on filezilla ftp client to avoid it getting deleted again. if this is not the issue then a simple box restart usually helps the vpn re-connect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If i have missed anything or you would like to contribute to this tutorial to make it easier for others please make a post.

Huge thanks to:

e2iplayer creator samsamsam & TSIplayer creator rgysoft

Panda555 who fixed hostlosmovies

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!