Pre-sales question Dreambox Ultra One

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 697 times. The last Post () by slower.

• Hi,

I hope to buy a Dreambox One Ultra with DVB-S and DVB-T(C) inputs. I read it came with Netflix app installed.

How can I installed my VPN app hide.me from Google Play? They also have it available for Linux.

Can I install Amazon Prime Video, and Pluto TV?

How does the Dreambox flip between Enigma and Android?

The Dreambox website has a manual in German ( no use for me ), and the youtube videos and reviews lack practical details.

Help :-)

Regards,

SlowerThanThou

PS.

I saw a Dreambox Ultra Two: This is not listed on their website. What is it?

Regards,

SlowerThanThou

• Ahh it is a different company. I looked at https://dreambox.de/en/

Which one is legitimate?

I can ot see much difference betwee the One and Two except for the price , the Two looks ugly and lacks a DVB-T/C :-(

Regards,

SlowerThanThou

Edited 4 times, last by slower ().

• Oh this means I will not buy a Dreambox at all. I wanted a box to do everything.

I need a CI slot for Fransat, and a DVB-T/C for the local TV. Plus Netflix,Amazon streaming etc.

Sounds like neither One nor Two do this.

The Dreambox site is a bit unclear.

Cannot edit my post anymore so shall do an extra reply:

Dreambox ONE UltraHD

"Available in the following versions:

Twin-DVB-S2X

DVB-T2/C (From August 2019)

Twin-DVB-S2X Bluetooth (From autumn 2019)

DVB-T2/C Bluetooth (From autumn2019)"

But not combined : DVB-S2x DVB-T2/C, and clearly does not do DVB-S ( for the SD channels because lots of the channels are in SD not HD).

And there is not an CI slot for Fransat.

Dreambox ONE UltraHD

Clearly not my dreambox :-)

it's a pity, but every time they release a Dreambox it misses the boat.

I phoned Dreambox support line to double check, but their number is out of service.

+491803441130990

Suddenly suspicious.

Regards,

SlowerThanThou

Edited 3 times, last by slower ().

• I just read about DVB-S2X and think it could not work with Fransat or UK Freesat because they use DVB-S(2) . Also the dreambox is something called FBA which I do not understand, but likeDVB-S/ S2 it doesn't seem compatible with the transmissions I get from French TV and UK TV (FTA Freesat). Although I saw nothing on wikipedia about FBA to back this up.

I shall stick with my Philips TV (builtin DVB-T/S/S2/C) and my Amazon 4K Firestick.

Regards,

SlowerThanThou

Edited 3 times, last by slower ().

Dreambox One 4K UHD 2160p H.265 Enigma2 Linux Android Dual Wifi DVB-S2X MIS Satellite Receiver.

Download DreamOne Dreambox One 4K UHD Android CoreELEC, DreamOS Firmware and Enigma2 Images. Team Support from DemoniSat - Dream-Elite - Gemini Project GP4 - Merlin Project - NewNigma2 - Peter Pan Neverland - OpenBh - OpenPLi Japhar - OpenATV - OpenVision - PurE2 - SatLodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!