Oscam telnet command for stopping

There are 30 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,745 times. The last Post () by ddinc.

• Hi.

What do you want to accomplish with your Oscam ? I still don't understand you exactly. You wrote before that you wanted to "test" and "restart" the Oscam service. If you mean testing, just freezing or falling Oscam, this can be solved in many ways.

This is addressed very often here. Just browse this discussion forum. Of course, it also depends on what exactly you want to test. If Oscam falls, it's easy. But if you want to test, for example, the loss of the Entitlements in Oscam, and then restarting Oscam, then it's more complicated.

Personally, I recommend removing the IPK package with Softcam completely. Then you install (just copy) the oscam binary file to the appropriate folder in your set-top box. I recommend renaming this stupid filename "oscam_XXXXX" to a simple "oscam" and continue to use only this simple filename. You then assign the execution right, i.e. the attributes of the file, for example via the Shell:

chmod a+x /usr/bin/oscam

or by setting the file attributes via FTP client to the value:

Finally, you will use the CRON scheduler on your linux system (in the set-top box). If the CRON is not installed, install it. Here are examples of testing the running Oscam process + auto-restarting, via the CRON: RE: Oscam restart script

• My problem:Since a week or so I find oscam dead in the morning(everything ok at night until bedtime)

I browsed tons of pages regarding restart script but could not get any to work (once with cccam I had a good working one)

the "stupid" :smiling face: filename is caused by the boxpirates updater which I find very convenient to use

Your linked file: I suspect it would not work with OS 2.5 ??

• OS 2.5 only means that you are using newer firmware in a set-top box that uses more advanced Linux and the newer Enigma2 core. It doesn't mean anything more. Everything (every Oscam) must always work there, and of course, if all compatibility is maintained (system libraries + Linux kernel).

Maybe you should try another Oscam... but if you use a pirate Oscam... then tribute pitch. There is probably a problem when it freezes or falls in your Oscam.

The above procedure with CRON, in conjunction with the manual installation of Oscam, must work on every each Linux system. The problem, as I wrote, can only be in your Oscam (compatibility issues). But you already own a oscam binary file, so there should be no problem.

Or you can keep the file name as it is... and leave the IPK package or updater on your system. Simply install (if not yet installed) the CRON service on your system. Then use what I sent you - i.e. see the link to my next post on using CRON, for restarting Oscam. There, of course, you have to edit the file name and possibly the directory to the one you use (oscam_XXXXX). There are several ways to auto-restart Oscam if the service is no longer running.

/// EDIT :

Especially for you... one example... for CRON (user config):

* * * * *        if ! pidof oscam_11704 > /dev/null; then systemctl restart oscam_11704; fi

The CRON service uses the pidof command every minute, to test whether the Oscam service is running. If it is not running, it will be restarted, using the systemctl.

• "There are several ways to auto-restart Oscam if the service is no longer running." such as ???that is the only thing I need :smiling face with halo:

I do use a legal oscam...(it's the german boxpirates forum)

in your file there is referenco to init.d but in my system there is no oscam related file there

• You have to be able to adjust the command-line as yourself.

For example, as I stated in post number #23: RE: Oscam telnet command for stopping

Maybe it will work for you. Since you can't do it otherwise and since it doesn't work correctly, using it with a CRON scheduler could be a good and easy solution for you. However, in some Enigma2 distributions, CRON must be installed from the feed server because it is not preinstalled by default.

/// EDIT :

However, Oscam freezing is a problem of the binary file itself and should NOT be solved by restarting, but by identifying the cause and eliminating it.

For example, this may be a Linux compatibility issue if the Oscam binary is not designed and compiled specifically for your firmware. Then you should try another binary file, also designed for your firmware (you can find the Oscam binary according to the chipset specification - arm / mipsel / aarch64 / sh4).

If so, then back up your current oscam binary file - for example, by renaming the file "oscam_11704" to "oscam_11704_bckup". As next step, you upload a new oscam binary there and rename it to "oscam_11704". Then assign the executable attributes of this new file (as I mentioned above).

• Oscam binary is the exact version for my firmware.I use it since years with the coming upgrades.

This problem is one week old...without any change in oscam software.

Actually I could to it with restarting the box every morning with a cronjob because I solve it with reboot.

• You'd better add what I wrote above to the CRON service :).

If there is an compatibility issue with Oscam vs Linux, then after the update it may have occurred. Then it is necessary to use another binary file. You probably don't know much about it, but there are a lot of oscam binary file dependencies on system libraries. Sometimes a small change is made in Linux and the binary file stops working correctly.

Of course, Oscam compatibility with Linux doesn't have to be a problem. It can be in something else.

For example, a provider will change the way its own encoding system works... and then problems need to be addressed. This happens quite often when providers always change something. Certified set-top boxes are not affected, but Linux set-top boxes are, because they are designed to be universal (universal in general, not just a card reader in Linux set-top boxes called "universal").

These problems are solved by making up a new discussion thread with the name of your provider and its CAID + of your used Enigma2 distribution ... with asking for advice.

If you look at the system logs, I mean debugging the system or even the Enigma2 process ... then you may find an error ... propably :). Oscam can be shot down for other reasons and not just for the possible causes mentioned above. You should look for the cause. Don't try to auto-restart Oscam when it falls.

• Sorry for bothering again :face screaming in fear:

your above file"

Especially for you... one example... for CRON (user config):

* * * * *        if ! pidof oscam_11704 > /dev/null; then systemctl restart oscam_11704; fi" restarts when oscam is stopped.

But I messed with the cronjob ???

into/etc/cron/crontabs I put a file"root" with your line.....nothing happens....what I am doing wrong...

• I probably won't make it with this... I don't want to look for it on the internet... I don't know your firmware... sorry.

This is another question from you - configuring the CRON service. This, in turn, is a long story.

First of all, CRON can be used in various Linux systems in various ways, even with a slightly different version. Somewhere it's "crond", somewhere "crontab" and somewhere it's just "cron". Of course, after each editing of the CRON configuration file, you must restart the CRON service. I don't know what CRON your Linux system is using, so I don't know where and how to edit the files and I also don't know how to restart CRON in your case. It's different everywhere.

The surest way is to configure via the CRON service tool and then restart the entire set-top box:

crontab -e

After saving the changes, just restart the system:

reboot

Depending on your Enigma2 distribution, a Nano or Vi text editor may be used. The default text editor can be changed (if installed), but I don't know exactly where.

Unfortunately, Vi is an ancient and only easy-to-use editor via the console / terminal (keyboard keys). Unfortunately, this Vi editor does not have very comprehensive support for using cursor keys, backspace, text highlighting, etc. as in modern text editors. It is possible, but complicated. I think Nano is a more human editor.

Or try to google yourself how to properly restart and configure your CRON, on your Linux system (in your Enigma2 distribution). In some Enigma2 distributions, it is possible to install and configure CRON even directly through the GUI (via SKIN) with the help of RCU.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!