Why my Octagon SF8008 4K is extremely slow?

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,132 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• Hi I've an Octagon SF8008 with PurE2 image with last version installed.

I've noticed that my decoder is getting extremely slow.

A white circle turning in the upper left corner is present more and more frequently, and the decoder don't respond to the remote.

I don't know how to fix this issue.

Is the memory full, or the issue is in the firmware?

Any help will be welcome.

Roberto

• Hi, personally, I have 2 Octagon 8008, 1 mini and a gold net none of them are a problem, they are good devices..... you don't give any information on your problem, what is it about, du sat, iptv ????explains your problem more clearly, and if not, turn to the Octagon forum....

• Just Flash a new recovery image, start fresh and see how it goes. Probably and hopefully it's something with your current image and your setup. Is the only way to know.

I have it myself with 4 images installed and it is really fast.

Open pli 8 seems to be the fastest.

And you are not providing any details when this thing happen? Because for example if you are using Kodi or any other addons it's totally normal and common to keep having freezes like that.

And it's not a device problem

• robmarella have you read this on purE2 images section :

Maybe that's a good reason, I have the same box with you and the same image installed in one slot

and I'm facing the same problem.

octagon sf8008 4K combo

Edited once, last by anestis1956 ().

• Thank you all for your reply.

The problem is present just when watching tv.

The decoder is slow and it responds slowly to the remote.

Even if I see a sat broadcast channel fta a white circle turning in the left upper corner appears and the decoder slow down responding to the remote or entering the menu.

I don't know how to better explain my problem but anyway I'll try to flash the image just to see if the problem will be fixed.

• After some time of use, I had the same problem, the system slowed down considerably, the new installation helped and everything is OK.

• If this is happening when you are watching tv, then maybe its timeshift consuming your memory.

Turn off timeshift if its turned on.

There are also some exceptionally large new skins knocking around at the moment. But I presume you are using estuary pure2 skin if using pure2. So that might not be your issue.

But if using another skin, try your box with default skin and see if you get the same issue. If you don't then your skin be the culprit.

And as I always say.

Set up a swapdisk

use cacheflushplugin

Make sure EPG is saved to external and not internal.

barebones your box. Delete everything you do not use.

I have an openatv guide here which is step by step. Lots of the information in that guide is relevant for all images. So give it good read. It might help you.

OpenATV setup guide by KiddaC

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!