Media Player can't run Videos with arabic filenames and shows question marks '?'

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 564 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• I managed to mount a Windows 10 network share folder on enigma2 OpenPLI image (v8.1).

The folder contains Videos only (and videos under subfolders) with arabic letters in filenames.

The default Media Player Plugin and e2iplayer can't run these videos, but they can run same videos when renamed using english letters only (not mixed with arabic).

Question marks appear instead of arabic letters in filenames (same for folders, they have videos under them but Media Player can't list those videos).

b97bf0.jpg

test.mp4 works fine but same one with question marks '????... .mp4' doesn't.

Any solution?

In Enigma, the folder mounted with this command (Because can't figure out how to mount with MountManager and NetworkBrowser is crashing in OpenPLI):

mount -t cifs -o vers=2.0,credentials=<credentials_file> //WIN_SHARE_IP/<shared_folder_name> /mnt/win_share

In Windows, I give access to Everyone with following Permissions:

Read & execute, List folder contents and Read

• Ok I am not using openpli, but just tested this in openatv.

Randomly renamed an existing movie I had on my usb stick. (no idea what that text says :) )

08883d8.png

and it plays

7fceef5f83099a.png

Are you using a different skin other than default skin.
    Because fallback arabic font should be included in the skin.xml code

I don't use openpli so do not know if the media player plugin is different.
    But just showing you that the media player in oa-alliance builds does play arabic named files

taghlaoui

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Thanks KiddaC for your reply, and for your time to take pics.

Are you using a different skin other than default skin.

No, default skin, never changed.

The box I use is MaxDigital-XP1000 with OpenPLI image (latest version).

And the box has only 1 USB port.

A USB with some system files is always inserted, so I can't insert another one to test your approach.

Are you using the default Media Player in OpenATV?

Did you rename the video filename inside Enigma (directly) or remotly (e.g. telnet) or outside (e.g. Windows)?

Edited 2 times, last by taghlaoui: improvements ().

• I used windows to change the file names.

The default player on openatv is actually movie planner. Which we get via the usb/pvr button on your remote.

I went into plugins to open media player.

I cannot really help you any further as I dont use openpli.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!