Hi a question from a newbie to octagon 8008

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 685 times. The last Post () by Reda2022.

• The original image is an Openatv 6.4, you must put the bin file in /usr/bin, the script in /etc/init and the config in /etc/tuxbox/config....

Thanks for the explanation.....but I didn't understand all these steps...can you please be a little simple so I can do it...

For now I have define installed and want to add my plugins.

Thanks again

Edited once, last by Reda2022 ().

• Yet it's simple what I wrote, all locations are indicated, with right click on the binary and script files by checking attribute 755 .....

If you don't know how to do that, the best is to learn by looking here, because the octagon is still complicated for a novice....good luck....

• Official Post

How do we install plugins on the octagon official image

The octagon has a dual operating system - Define closed firmware & Enigma2 (openatv, openbh, pure2...)

You can`t install any plugins from your old vuplus zero on Define firmware, they are only compatible with the Enigma2 side.

Boot into Enigma2/Openatv then you can use what kashmir linked and any other enigma2 plugins you may need. Most things can be downloaded from the image feeds.

• How do we install plugins on the octagon official image

The octagon has a dual operating system - Define closed firmware & Enigma2 (openatv, openbh, pure2...)

You can`t install any plugins from your old vuplus zero on Define firmware, they are only compatible with the Enigma2 side.

Boot into Enigma2/Openatv then you can use what kashmir linked and any other enigma2 plugins you may need. Most things can be downloaded from the image feeds.

Thanks Master G

well explained.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!