Problems tuning wild feeds

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 805 times. The last Post () by edfeed.

• Hi everyone.

I'm really interested in feedhunting as a hobby so I saved some money to buy the equipment needed. I bought the following stuff:

-Offset antenna for ku band 83 cm (2 feet 8.67 inches)

-Universal LNB: Televes 747530, 0,3 dB (Noise Figure) and 60 dB gain

-Receiver: Edision Os Mio + 4K.

I've pointed the antenna to Eutelsat 10A. Although I live in Europe in my city the signal that I receive is not the strongest possible, but it's also not weak.

I'm pointing with an arrow where I live and the footprint of this satellite:

FQkT5zB.png

I have been able to tune the few channels available on Eutelsat 10A. However I haven't been able to tune the wildfeeds. I have been looking for recent active wildfeeds on different websites, and whenever I look for them the receiver can't find anything, as if there was no feed at all, however I know there is one because of the websites, such as:

Live feeds : active frequencies - Satelliweb

My receiver language is in spanish, but I will attach screenshots taken in openwebif:

lt5cDiP.png

This is the tuning settings. I have set the LNB as universal. Voltage Mode is "Polarization" and Tone Mode as "Band" I don't understand the meaning of those two.

njiJP8U.png

This is the signal finder option. As you can see the SNR and AGC are pretty good. One weird thing is that I'm able to pick signal from Astra 19.2 E with the same dish. I think is really weird, because Eutelsat 10A and Astra 19.2 E are very far from each other. Does anyone know why this happens?

RAYwNhI.png

This is the Blind scan menu. This is how I've been trying to look for specific wildfeeds. In this case I was trying to look for an active feed with 11690 Frequency and Horizontal.

I have also used Manual Search and the Signal finder to look for these feeds, (using the correct Symbol Rate) but never had luck.

8VD2BAl.png

When I try to do blind scan this message appears: "No transponders have been found with these search parameters"

mWRv5bX.png

I don't know if it's important to mention this, but when I tune some channels the SNR is high, but some channels the SNR is 0%, such as the one above. I don't know the reason why this happens.

ZdvGGzT.png

And in a few channels this message appears: "Open PiP first". But there are many other channels that I can watch without any problem.

I'm thinking about some possible reasons why I can't get any of these feeds:

-The equipment that I have might be a little too short for what I want to achieve, a better LNB and/or a bigger Dish might solve this

-The tuner in the Edision OS Mio + 4K might not be the best. Might need a Tbs6903 Pro or something like that (although I've heard that some people have been able to tune feeds with this receiver)

-I might be doing something wrong with the decoder settings and/or search modes (I really don't know if this is how I must try to tune a wildfeed)

-Another reason, still unknown for me.

I haven't been able to find videos or more information on Internet. So that's why I'm asking if anyone has had a problem like me and how it was solved.

Or if you have an idea or might be thinking about a possible solution I would really appreciate your help!

Any comment might help me, I'm completely new in this and any opinion will be very good for me :smiling face:

An additional thing: I have ordered a very good High Gain LNB (Best Germany High Gain with 70 db Gain). I will install it soon.

Thank you very much for reading!

:hello 1:

• master G

Approved the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!