New Alternative Softcam manager?

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,478 times. The last Post () by ferez.

• I have just updated my Octagon SF8008, to OpenATV 7.1 but my alternative softcam manager -arm 3.0 r0.0 will not install. ( worked OK on 6.4)

Does anyone know if there is another version or an alternative that will work for me.

Thank you.

• I have just updated my Octagon SF8008, to OpenATV 7.1 but my alternative softcam manager -arm 3.0 r0.0 will not install. ( worked OK on 6.4)

Does anyone know if there is another version or an alternative that will work for me.

Thank you.

there is a version for python3 (open atv 7.1). there is also a version for python2 and python3 (interestingly this does not work on open atv7.1). here look here and install the latest alternative softcam manager python3.

tordijal T-90 multifeed 5w,0.8w,1.9e,4.8e,9e,13e,16e,19.2e,23.5e,28e,33e,39e
    Triax 80 - Hispasat 30W
    Sony Masters OLED XR-48A90K
    VU UNO 4K SE - open atv,open pli,open BH....
    TERRA UHF POJAČALO AB011T
    FTE Eye 5G Lte2( 21-48 ) - Sveta Nedelja & Zaprešić
    SPAUN sparos HD DVB-T(2)/DVB-S(2) Analyzer
    Playstation 5

Thank you.

While everything works well in python 2, there are some who look for problems by switching to python 3 which does not bring anything .... weird mentality ....

• Thanks mika for the link but the plug in would not install.

I also tried the latest softcam manager 4, it installed ok but I get the message saying

" Some plugins are not available: Extensions/ AlternativeSoftCamManager (bad magic number in 'Plugins.Extensions.AlternativeSoftCamManager':b'a')

Can anyone help me to find another softcam manager that should work in Openatv 7.1

Thanks

• if you use satvenus panel, you have alternative softcam manager in it.
    i just tried on open atv 7.1 and it works.
    only that its emulator and configuration directories are elsewhere (var / emu / and var / keys /) if that worries you, feel free to change to usr / bin / cam and etc / tuxbox / config.
    don't forget to create cam and config folders and place them in directories.
    I know this looks a little frustrating right now, but I can't help it.

4c534b.jpg406b440d1348e538.jpgcec22.jpg

Triax 80 - Hispasat 30W
    Playstation 5

• mika

I could not get the satvenus panel to install.

you need to be a little more extensive in writing about the problem.
    here is this satvenus panel. install it.

• mika

I downloaded the ipk, put it in var/volatile/temp and then tried to install it from plugins/ipk installer as normal but it would only install approx 20% and that was it.

geisivi

I installed the ipk and it shows up in the Plugin browser but no oscams, cccam or ncams show up in the left hand panel.

The Ecm info is showing up all info.

The SoftCam config directory and SoftCam directory are the same as your recommendations.

Do you have any idea what I need to do to get it working properly (in simple terms please)

Many thanks to both for your help

• so you installed the alternative softcam manager set by geisivi? great!
    now you need to send in the path em emulators ncam and oscam, and then the configuration files from oscam and ncama in the path etc / tuxbox / config.
    to make your job easier, download these files that I am attaching to you.
    now via total commander, filezilla, dcc (depending on what you use), via them you send emulators and config file to directories.
    send oscam and ncam to usr / bin / cam, and config file to etc / tuxbox / config.
    the lines you use copy / paste in oscam and ncam srever.
    after all this emulators are seen in alternative softcam manager. run the one you want and it has to work.
    good luck.

• As mika says, you have to put config files into /etc/tuxbox/config folder, and oscam&ncam files into /usr/bin/cam folder.

SoftCam.key into /etc/tuxbox/config folder too.

This ipk file works for all images.

Oscam and ncam must be appropiate for your box.

• Many thanks to both of you.

Job done, working fine now.

I'm glad you're working now. I posted a new ncam on the forum. try it. you don't have to put a new configuration. just try how it works for you.

Triax 80 - Hispasat 30W
    Playstation 5

• mika , I still have ncam and oscam working fine with the alternative softcam maker but cannot get cccam to work. Is it possible that you could set up the config files for cccam in a rar for me and will they go in etc / tuxbox / config the same as the other 2.

Thank you

• mika , I still have ncam and oscam working fine with the alternative softcam maker but cannot get cccam to work. Is it possible that you could set up the config files for cccam in a rar for me and will they go in etc / tuxbox / config the same as the other 2.

Thank you

i don't have a config file for cccam because i don't use it. config file for cccam is etc. so files are sent to a directory etc.

Triax 80 - Hispasat 30W
    Playstation 5

• Official Post

Is it possible that you could set up the config files for cccam in a rar for me and will they go in etc / tuxbox / config the same as the other 2

CCcam.cfg should be sent to /etc

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!