transfering files

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,771 times. The last Post () by fatlad.

• The easiest way to do this is to use a FTP program like filezilla,access your box, then goto the HDD folder,in there you will see the "Movie" folder,this folder contains all your recordings,just download the recording you want to your desktop,the copy it from the desktop to your usb pen drive.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Official Post

The easiest way for you would probably be using DCC or your favourite ftp prog and transfer it directly to the usb connected to your pc.

If the usb is mounted on your vu+ you can transfer much faster using telnet commands. First use the cd command to move to your recordings folder (in my case media/hdd/movie)

Code
    cd /media/hdd/movie

You can now use the ls command to list what you have stored on the hdd

Code
    ls

Now use the cp command to copy the file you want to the location your usb is mounted to in your vu+ (in my case copy film Weekender to usb stick mounted as /media/usb

Code
    cp Weekender.avi /media/usb

Thats it, you can then cd to your usbs mounted location and use the ls command to check the file is present.

• Thanks Ten

I did it mckee's way with filezilla once i got it setup pretty easy ( it must be for me to find it easy ) anyway i will give your way a try.

Tanks once again.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!