Remote Control of Reciever

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 368 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• Hello, i would like to ask is there any 3rd party program or way on how to remotly control/get into FTP of the reciever via Searial Number/Mac adress etc? Searching for some way to be able to modify the reciever without having it in my LAN connection. Im mostly using VuZero/VuSolo with blackhole and oscam/wicardd. Thank you

Edited once, last by johnvucz ().

• Hi.

Enigma2 set-top boxes can be controlled via a terminal connection (Linux Shell) or via a web-interface (OpenWebif plugin which is part of every Enigma2 distribution).

In both cases, of course, you need access from outside, to a specific port (correct port routing), inside a computer network.

I don't understand the FTP you mention as well as the serial number you mention. What do you want to achieve with them?

• Hi, what i meant was is there a way for example by installing another program/plugin that allows me to connect and configure the reciever remotly. Atm i can access the FTP/WebIf etc. of the reciever by connect the reciever to my lan network and via ip i connect into it by dreambox,total commander or any other ftp program but what i want is to connect into that reciever without having it connected into my lan network. you can understand?

• Of course, Linux (Enigma2) set-top boxes can also be managed (configured) remotely.

If you have a VPN server, you can connect all your Linux (Enigma2) set-top boxes to it. Then you don't need to set up a router or have a public Internet IP address to connect. If you do not have a VPN created, then you must have a public Internet IP and set up port forwarding on the router.

It is possible to use interactive video via OpenWebif (as LIVE screenshots from the screen output on the set-top box) + at the same time use the graphic RCU in OpenWebif. Best of all, it's probably using this OpenWebif (port 80, IP address of the set-top box, HTTP protocol, via any web browser). Of course, the end user will see what you are doing on the TV / LCD if you use this set-top box configuration method.

There are really many possibilities. After connecting via Telnet / SSH (terminal connection - at ports 22 and 23), you can use the console. Through the console, you can install various packages through the OPKG - package manager.

In many cases, you can also change the configuration of plugins and Enigma2 by editing the "/etc/enigma2/settings" file. However, when Enigma2 is stopped (with the command "init 4" you stop Enigma2 and use "init 3" to restart Enigma2).

It's all a bit complicated. I'm sorry, but if you have to ask these basic things and if you don't control the Linux Shell or you can't connect to the set-top box via the terminal, you probably won't be able to do your goal - remote control / configuration of the set-top boxes.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!