Finally solved : how change the MAC ADDRESS of Octagon SF8008 on define os

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,790 times. The last Post () by kashmir.

• Finally solved : how change the MAC ADDRESS of Octagon SF8008 on define

define-01.png

Just edit the networking file

/etc/init.d/networking

find "ifconfig eth0 up" in line 63

and add a new line 64 with your mac address.

ifconfig eth0 hw ether A0:BB:3E:XX:XX:XX

Enjoy

Change-mac-sf8008-define.jpg

code

case "$1" in

start)

echo -n "Configuring network interfaces... "

sysctl -e -p /etc/sysctl.conf >/dev/null 2>&1

ifconfig lo up

ifconfig eth0 up

#ifup -a

echo "done."

;;

stop)

etc--init.d--put networking file.zip

etc--init.d--put networking file.zip

New add: I add list of telnet command on enigma2

@@ System @@

which FILE_NAME

echo root:XXXX | chpasswd # Change Password

date

hostname

hostname -i

uname -a

uptime

whoami

dmesg | more

shutdown -r now # Full reboot.

shutdown -h now # Full shutdown.

cat /proc/meminfo # memory info

@@ User @@

id

last

who

@@ Network @@

ifconfig

netstat

head -n 1 /etc/hostname # Show Hostname

ping google.com -c 3 # 3 seconds

ip route get 1.2.3.4 | awk '{print $7}' # Show IP addresses

hostname -i | awk '{print $1}' # Show locale host

@@ Change MAC @@

ifconfig eth0 down

ifconfig eth0 hw ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

ifconfig eth0 up

ifconfig eth0 |grep HWaddr

@@ File Permission @@

chmod 755 /tmp/FILE_NAME

chmod 766 /tmp/FILE_NAME

chmod 777 /tmp/FILE_NAME

@@ Disk usage @@

df -h

df -i

df -a

LinuxCommands.lst.zip

• Hi friend, I have already contacted Octagon for the problem of mac addresses and as they say, Define is not in enigma2 and does not have the same functioning at all, I have never managed to change the mac address with Define, congratulations to you if you get there....

Thank you in any case for your work which works very well, I will see with a friend programmer if he can make a script for changing the Mac address....

Make a script, it seems feasible to me, but we will put it where to be able to launch it with Define ?????

Edited 2 times, last by kashmir ().

• I used this telnet command to change my mac address to my other spider-x 4k receiver

and use my revcam subscription to define os sf8008 octagon.

the operation is performed manually and is termed with success

Edited once, last by najdine ().

• Hi.

The PuTTY toolkit also includes the PLINK.EXE utility, with which it is possible to send commands to SSH or Telnet via the Windows command line.

Using the command-line connection tool Plink

For example, if you need to restart the Enigma2-GUI, in your set-top box:

plink.exe -batch -v -t -ssh IP_ADDRESS -l root -pw YOUR_PASSWORD "/sbin/init 4 && sleep 5 && /sbin/init 3"

Of course, store passwords on your computer, is not safe way other than store the password in your own head only.

• Hi friend and thank you, what we are looking for with Najdine is to start a script in the Octagon Define program which is not in enigma2....it's a bit complicated but it will be done ....

• najdine

Changed the title of the thread from “How can I make a script that opens telnet and executes MAC change commands automatically when sf8008 boots up Image define” to “Finally solved : how change the MAC ADDRESS of Octagon SF8008 on define os”.
  • So... if I understand correctly, the Octagon device's chipset, after each reboot or power lost, sets a randomly generated MAC address on the internal network adapter (the network interface controller - i.e. NIC) ?

Hi friend and thank you for your interest in this problem.....in fact the concern comes from the special program provided by Octagon, which is not in enigma 2 named define....and there to be able use a script, we don't know where to place it, I'll post you a vodeo of the program in question, I'm still looking and testing to see....

He launches the program define in the video at 1mn26....

• Official Post

Oh, OK, I understand now... so... the problem only concerns the Define OS 6.3 firmware for Octagon devices, which is actually something like Enigma2. Or is it really some Enigma2 distribution?

it is a port of there own firmware used on the non Linux octagon STB's

However it still has a similar file structure with root access, i no longer have the device myself so unable to test where to place a script any longer.

The location of oscam initd files may be a clue.

• Official Post

Edit found the old post

• Oh, OK, I understand now... so... the problem only concerns the Define OS 6.3 firmware for Octagon devices, which is actually something like Enigma2. Or is it really some Enigma2 distribution?

However it still has a similar file structure with root access, i no longer have the device myself so unable to test where to place a script any longer.

In the meantime, thank you all for your help, I thought to see with cron, for the moment without result...

• Oh, OK, I understand now... so... the problem only concerns the Define OS 6.3 firmware for Octagon devices, which is actually something like Enigma2. Or is it really some Enigma2 distribution?

In the meantime, thank you all for your help, I thought to see with cron, for the moment without result...

Thank you all for your help, finally I found the solution

how change the MAC ADDRESS of Octagon SF8008 on define?

Just edit the networking file

path: /etc/init.d/networking

find "ifconfig eth0 up" in line 63

and add a new line 64 with your mac address.

Enjoy !

• master G

Added the Label Article

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!