Problem with diseqc 1.2 motorised dish

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 912 times. The last Post () by fmoreira.

• I'm re-assembling my motorised dish. I had already prepare the cable from the receiver to the dish location some time ago. There are about 45 m of cable

Now i am facing a problem:

If ionly have the cable that comes from the receiver connected to the motor, it works fine. As soon as I connect the cable that goes to the Lnb, the motor stops rotating (it has an initial impulse and stops).

I tested with another cable exactly the same (length and brand) and the motor works normally (even with the Lnb on). The first thing that occurred to me was that I damaged the cable during the process of passing it through the pipes in the wall. But this theory leaves me a bit on the back foot:

After having pointed the dish at a satellite with the test cable, I have exactly the same signal with the 2 cables.

If the cable was damaged to rotate the antenna, I expected to have some signal loss too?! that I don't have...

If it's a damaged cable problem, how come it only manifests when I plug in the Lnb cable?!

I tested all connections and F plugs... the problem is not there.

Changing the cable will be complicated due to the gutters and pipes and it's possible that I'm missing something basic.

Any tips?

Thanks and sory for my english!

• Official Post

Using a multimeter check for resistance in both of the inner and outer cable part's. Compare these to the other cable as well.

45 meters is a long run indeed.....possibly too long tbh.

The cable dose not like to be streached or bent in sharp angles.

BTW are you testing with the same receiver?

• Using a multimeter check for resistance in both of the inner and outer cable part's. Compare these to the other cable as well.

45 meters is a long run indeed.....possibly too long tbh.

The cable dose not like to be streached or bent in sharp angles.

BTW are you testing with the same receiver?

Thanks for you answer!

Tested with same receiver. All components were the same except the receiver-motor cable.

45m is really a lot but it works well with the test cable!

I don't have a multimeter... I'll try to get one.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!