1 box - multiple IPTV clients

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,361 times. The last Post () by ammoun.

• Many years ago I had a very fake Drembox 500 s and I really liked the fact that I could watch sat channels from my laptop using wifi. I remember that I got the best stability using an Open Pli image back then.

I would like to purchase a 4k receiver now and my requirements are like this:

1 Dish - 1 Satellite - 1 LNB

3 TVs: 1 with built in IPTV client and 2 with Nvidia Shield boxes

Almost never more than 1 TV are on at the same time

My goal is to set up playlists on each of the 3 IPTV clients, that would connect to the receiver. Would that be possible please?

If so, I wouldn't mind investing in a relatively more expensive receiver as long as it offers a noticeable better stability compared to the rest. Ideally I would never need to force a reboot to recover from a hung system.

Thanks a lot!

• Hi.

For the satellite and iptv client you would need an enigma 2 box (zgemma, vu+, ustym) which would run you both satellite and iptv channels through oscam/cccam and iptv app, i.e.xstreamity.

For the rest of the TV's you would need to download a IPTV app onto your Nvidia Shield, if it has android than its loads of them, i.e. iptv smarters pro.

And set it all up for the same subscription but you would need to find out with the supplier first if it will allow you to run on more than 1 device at the same time. I know for a fact that 99% suppliers permanently block users if its been detected running on 2 and more devices at the same time.

Hope it makes sense :smiling face:

• Hi.

For the satellite and iptv client you would need an enigma 2 box (zgemma, vu+, ustym) which would run you both satellite and iptv channels through oscam/cccam and iptv app, i.e.xstreamity.

Thank you so much for your answer. It seems like I misexplained myself. I'm not trying to purchase a regular iptv service from a third party provider, but rather use the receiver as a source. So I would use the receiver's local IP address as the source of the streams. I remember that used to be possible with Dreambox, I would just pull the ip:port and load it in VLC. Am I making more sense?

• Hi.

Thank you so much for your answer. It seems like I misexplained myself. I'm not trying to purchase a regular iptv service from a third party provider, but rather use the receiver as a source. So I would use the receiver's local IP address as the source of the streams. I remember that used to be possible with Dreambox, I would just pull the ip:port and load it in VLC. Am I making more sense?

Hi.

Right, that makes more sense. Sorry but nit going to help on that one. crying face

• Hi.

Hi.

Right, that makes more sense. Sorry but nit going to help on that one. crying face

No worries, I'm sure other folks are more familiar with iptv capabilities of those boxes, ideally I would like to have sat feeds in all TVs :winking face with tongue:

Edited once, last by ammoun ().

• Firstly you would need to create your channel bouquets, most people tend to use the enigma2 plugin autobouquetmaker.

Then all modern enigma2 images come with software for your browser called openwebif. Which as you mentioned on your first post is just your boxes ip address.
    Dreamboxes have a slightly different interface.

It is very easy using openwebif to create a playlist of your satellite channels. Then you just save the file as an m3u8 file and upload it to your other device.
    If its all the same wifi, then the channels will play no problem.

Click "Download playlist for all channels"

pasted-from-clipboard.png

You then get your playlist

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Is that what you are after???

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• In fact that isn't 100% going to work on a single tuner box. It doesn't zap to the channel.
    So for a single tuner box you would have to turn your sat box into standby first. (you can use mobile phone apps that can do that for you)
    Dual tuner will work fine.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!