How to install samba on OpenVix 5.0

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,023 times. The last Post () by dglemans.

• Hi,

Does anyone know how to manually install Samba on an OpenVix 5.0 version (Gigablue hdquad plus). I had to reinstall a backup but Samba is missing.

I tried to upgrade to the latest version of OV (6.2) but my Tivusat card no longer works with CCcam 2.3.0 or 2.3.8 : the card is not recognized.

Thanks

Good morning.

Until my Gigablue HD Quad Plus I had an Openvix 5.0 image with Tivusat and CCCAM 2.3.0 card that worked very well.

The other day I had a big problem and I had to put back a backup that apparently was not complete because everything works but I no longer have samba and for version 5 there is nothing more on the site.

I therefore downloaded version 6.2, but it is impossible to make the tivusat card work or with CCCAM 2.3..0 nor with the 2.3.8.

I know I had stopped making updates because it seems to me that when version 6.0 had come out I already had the problem, I had therefore remained on one version 5

If I put back the backup I find myself in the previous situation, tivusat ok but no samba.

Does anyone have an idea on how to make an Tivusat card work with CCCAM on the versions after 5 or how to install samba in version 5 with feed that no longer exists?

:Translate:

Edited once, last by master G: Merged a post created by dglemans into this post. ().

• I solved the problem.

On the other decoder I did "opkg info samba-base" to see the package files and copied them from the working decoder to the other.

Afterwards I had to add some others missings links and files with evocative names and finally it worked! :star struck:

Isn't perfect because the decoder menu said that Samba is not installed but the shares exist and work fines.

Indeed there was perhaps simpler because by doing "opkg info samba-base", you can see the line source: http://samba.org/samba/ftp/stable/samba-3.6.25. tar.gz

This link and file still exists, I download it . The problem is that it contains a lot of things for many systems and I don't know how to transform it into ipk or how to use it for install.

Thanks to master G who suggested the way to me

OpenViX Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

OpenViX Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!