Share SoftCam.key file on Ubuntu to client receivers with OSCam EMU

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,647 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• hello to all

just wondering

i have oscam ubuntu server with emu and softcam.key working

the client that is oscam also and has an N line from server , will get also the emu keys thru this line ?

or is necessary to have an afitional line or reader configured in client /server side ?

i have 3 receivers in 3 rooms and i do not want to upload key file in all receivers , i want to upload only to server.

i cant test because i cant move my antenna now .

thanks in advance

all sugestions are wellcome

Edited once, last by master G: Moved question and replies into its own thread. ().

• Go to Best Answer
  • why not share on the ubuntu server the key patch and on the 3 boxes say where the key path is.

\\IP NUMBER UBUNTU\PATH\SoftCam.Key

This seems logical , but i do not know how to do it , it should be a full config with user and password as a reader .

or maybe a cccam share ?

i was hoping to have only 1 N line for the shared card and keys.

• !!!THIS IS NOT WORKING FOR ME !!! I leave this post maybe is working for other people

ok i got it , is all about the emu reader config

so , if you want to set up clients, in my case 3 receivers in the house, to use the SoftCam.Key of the server ,you have to create a [reader ]

in each client :

[reader]

label = SoftCam.Key

protocol = emu

device = 192.168.1.127/usr/local/etc/SoftCam.Key (your server /main receiver path to SoftCam.Key file)

user = root (the username set in server for this client)

password = pass (the password set in server for this client)

detect = cd

group = 1

after this new reader is added you will see in oscam status of the client

after this every time you update / change the content of SoftCam.Key file every client will use that

now if someone knows how to auto update keys ?

i will be grateful

• Best Answer
    • Official Post

Auto update aka AU only works when you have a valid EMM key on say powerVU. (and are able to unmask its hash mode, we have issues on AFN already)

Other than that, you can point your EMU reader to an internet location in a similar fashion to what you have done already.....

an example below is updated fairly regularly.

• Even the theory was good and it should work, it does not , maybe i am doing something wrong .

I have approach the matter thru cron and from each receiver and works, tested by me 100% working .

it goes like this :

A wget command to download and overwrite the SoftCam.key file in his default location.

And a init.d command to restart the oscam for reading the new SoftCam.Key file written by the command above .

Be careful the commands are different , depending on the paths of where the oscam stores the Softcam.key file, and where and how is named oscam .bin.

Here i will give 2 examples :

dm 800se openpli 11.2

58 * * * wget -q https://raw.githubusercontent.…ain/Universal/SoftCam.Key -O /etc/tuxbox/config/SoftCam.Key

0 5 * * * /etc/init.d/softcam restart

this crontab will get the SoftCam.Key every hour at minute 58

and at 5 AM the oscam will restart to reload the file

If the file need reloaded at other time it can be done by remote or web interface

dm 8000 openpli 8.1-release

58 * * * * wget -q https://raw.githubusercontent.…ain/Universal/SoftCam.Key -O /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu/SoftCam.Key

0 5 * * * /etc/init.d/softcam restart

the only difference is where the SoftCam.Key file is stored

For sure it would be nice to have a server that does the key grabbing and other clients to get the keys from the server.

Maybe tis can be made with CCCam or maybe other settings , but after cron is set is all automated .

The bad is when something goes wrong in time and you have to set every receiver , i have 3 so it will be easier to set the server and and whatever solution to get the keys from server to still working and not have to set all receivers

• Auto update aka AU only works when you have a valid EMM key on say powerVU. (and are able to unmask its hash mode, we have issues on AFN already)

Other than that, you can point your EMU reader to an internet location in a similar fashion to what you have done already.....

an example below is updated fairly regularly.

Please tell me , do you have this config working in a receiver or a server ,

in theory should be good but in my ubuntu 32 bit server and in dreamboxes with openpli does not work all of them have oscam r11711-789

• OSCam r11711-798
    • OSCam r11711-798
  • are you trying in account group 5

and i also think your trying to send powervu key

i don't think that is possible

Hello, i only have group 1 in my setup , because i share locally in my home , is there a classification of groups ?

I was thinking that groups are to limit what to share to certain group.

Group 1 card 1, card 2 , emu

Group 2 card 1, card 3......

Group 5 card 1, card 7.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

I have used as reader just this minimal settings:

[reader]

label = test

protocol = emu

device = https://raw.githubusercontent.…/main/Enigma2/SoftCam.Key

group = 1

At least this settings should point the oscam emu to use the SoftCam.Keys from address specified.

The server and dreamboxes can connect to internet , because wget method works.

From my point of wiew

Oscam emu usees just the predefined location for SoftCam.Key file.

OSCam-EMU Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam-EMU Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!