Need drivers for RTL2832 usb tuner on uclan ustym 4k pro (Octagon SF8008 clone)

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,147 times. The last Post () by skywalker89.

• On my uclan ustym 4k pro (Sf8008 clone, kernel 4.4.35) I've already installed all firmwares and modules... The stick is recognized and shows in tuner list,,,, But the problem in scanning there is, and is in all the images differents from openATV and is not also with RTL2832P that has MN88473 demod, but also with the old version RTL2832U dvb-2.... In openATV no problem.. instead, in other images, i get those errors in dmesg when system initialized with usb tuner inserted:

user.err kernel: vtunerc0: unknown IOCTL 0x3

user.err kernel: vtunerc0: unknown IOCTL 0x4

user.err kernel: vtunerc0: unknown IOCTL 0x5

user.err kernel: vtunerc0: unknown IOCTL 0x6

user.warn kernel: vtunerc0: usb frontend initialized as type=0

and when start scanning channels, system icon starts spinning continously and you see error:

user.err kernel: vtunerc0: unknown IOCTL 0x1

In OpenATV, same kernel 4.4.35, instead, everything works, there aren't those errors and i get those correct mex:

vtunerc0: setting DVB-T tuner type

vtunerc0: usb frontend initialized as type=4

I use same drivers on openATV and openPli or others, but only openATV works... there's some problem with vtunerc.... As you can see the openATV shows "setting tuner type" and set as "type=4", instead openpli and others show IOCTL errors and shows "type=0"...

• you can try this too, hope will work:

FTP over Telnet:

opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-rtl2832

and

opkg install kernel-module-mn88473

and

cd /lib/firmware wget http://palosaari.fi/linux/v4l-dvb/firmware/MN88473/01/latest/dvb-demod-mn88473-01.fw

after you have to reboot

good luck

• I've already installed all firmwares and modules... THe stick is recognized and shows in tuner list,,,, But the problem in scanning there is, and is in all the images differents from openATV and is not also with RTL2832P that has MN88473 demod, but also with the old version RTL2832U dvb-t.... In openATV no problem.. instead, in other images, i get those errors in dmesg when system initialized with usb tuner inserted:

user.err kernel: vtunerc0: unknown IOCTL 0x3

user.err kernel: vtunerc0: unknown IOCTL 0x4

user.err kernel: vtunerc0: unknown IOCTL 0x5

user.err kernel: vtunerc0: unknown IOCTL 0x6

user.warn kernel: vtunerc0: usb frontend initialized as type=0

and when start scanning channels, system icon starts spinning continously and you see error:

user.err kernel: vtunerc0: unknown IOCTL 0x1

In OpenATV, same kernel 4.4.35, instead, everything works, there aren't those errors and i get those correct mex:

vtunerc0: setting DVB-T tuner type

vtunerc0: usb frontend initialized as type=4

I use same drivers on openATV and openPli or others, but only openATV works... there's some problem with vtunerc.... As you can see the openATV shows "setting tuner type" and set as "type=4", instead openpli and others show IOCTL errors and shows "type=0"...

• Solved with modification in source code.

Did you share the mod to the code, to the image teams github or repo ? or here at least, for others that follow.......

The mod is on OpenPLI git, you can follow the discussion, with the modification made, here, on OpenPLI forum.
    So, at the moment, usb tuners RTL2832U (DVB-T) and RTL2832P (DVB-T/T2/C, pre-2018 versions) work perfect also on OpenPLI, like others images.
    Unfortunately, only the 2018 version of RTL2832P (with SOny CXD2837 demod fort DVB-T2) doesn't work even in DVB-T mode (in all the images, OpenATV, OpenPLI and all the others), but it's a driver problem, I think, as I said here.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!