EPG Translator issue on OpenPLI 8.2

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,387 times. The last Post () by sasagr.

• Hi.

I have been using the latest avaiable EPG Translator plugin, at least according to my research. Here attached.

The plugin works well, at least the translation part with OPENPLI till the 6.2, but from 7 onward it crashes when you select the EPG button. This seems to be a well known issue among the PLI users and it is due to an incompatibility that comes from OPENPLI 7+. The plugin should be updated but unfortunately, the developer is not available anymore.

Unfortunately I dont have the crashlog anymore since I went back to my 6.2 image but I guess it would easy to replicate it once you install it in the last 8.2 version.

Maybe somebody else has a solution already or he is eager to find one?

• master G

Added the Label EPG Translator
  • I will try it soon!

it does not crash when you select the EPG button on your remote control when you are on any channel?

crash have no relation for translator plugin -- it from event info

• Yes I get the same crash log. You say it does not have relation but without this plugin there is not crash and moreover if you install this plugin on the 6.2 it does not crash. So there is an incompatibility between this plugin and the 8.2.

I guess i will go back to the 6.2

• Yes I get the same crash log. You say it does not have relation but without this plugin there is not crash and moreover if you install this plugin on the 6.2 it does not crash. So there is an incompatibility between this plugin and the 8.2.

just change epg button behavior from hot key

just change epg button behavior from hot key

change to do what?

I want the EPG button to give me the default EPG... what else?

• I did it. I also left it blank, removing the default selection, and eventually in all the cases the box crashes the moment I press on the epg button.

I restart enigma after changing the epg key behavior

It does not crash with you?

• By the way, a few days ago I found a lighter version in this GitHub

Vix-EPGTranslator/src/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGTranslator at master · original-birdman/Vix-EPGTranslator
    Translator code for OpenVix EPG. Contribute to original-birdman/Vix-EPGTranslator development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

This one does not crash but it does not translate either at least for me. It simply returns the original epg text as translation. I guess a combination of both could work :)

• fixed!

looking at the log and making some research I found out that this plugin is using (stealing) a function/class of openpli (EventViewBase).

This function is openpli v6 was using 5 arguments while from v7 it uses 6 arguments (also 'parent'). The plugin was working with the v6 because its "stolen" function has 5 arguments. I just added the missing argument. That's it!

Now I can use this while we wait maybe for a better implementation of the translated EPG for non native language.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!