DM920UHD - red light- no display

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,297 times. The last Post () by phoenixxko.

• hi gents,

strange issue occured in the box of my friend - he has DM920 - he was measuring voltage on fan pinout of DM920, after the measurement he powered off the box and it did not boot up again.

Just red light is on (no blinking) nothing on display, amber light on LAN port is rapidly blinking with very low light (I think you can also hear silent ticking sound as well). It is slowly heating up so I guess CPU is working (passive cooler).

There is nothing on serial console (COM1, 115200, 8,none,1,xon/xoff) - other DM is working with that setup, so I guess serial console setup is OK.

I tried different power source - 12V 5A - but it is the same ... so, any advice what to try before thrashing it ?

Thanks in advance !

• please try this

1. Switch off the box

2. Switch on the box, wait until the red led lights up (approx. 1s) then finger on it, now change from red / violet (flashing),

keep your finger until the yellow exclamation mark in the display

3. Then comes the IP, for access via WebIF

good luck

• Here's is easy method to Flash any Image on Dreambox (DM520, DM900 and DM920 etc), I explain here for DM920

1- Format USB with Fat-32

2- USB label " DREAMFLASH "

3- Copy image to USB Drive

4- Rename image " dreambox-image-dm920.tar.xz "

5 Insert USB to receiver

6 Now from standby menu select Recovery Mode

or Shut Down your receiver and then press and hold touch button of receiver

or from telnet give any one of below commands

to-the-rescue

or

echo "rescue" >> / proc / stb / fp / boot_mode

reboot

Note: If receiver is on red light then first power off your receiver from rocker switch.

Then power on your receiver and touch and hold front touch panel within 500 ms to bring receiver into Rescue Mode

good luck

• master G

Added the Label Image Flashing Support
    • Official Post

When you open the box you might have loosen the Tuner so check that is correct in it's slot

Also check that the lcd has not come loose if you removed the front of the box

If you have HDD inside remove it

Firm redlight = HW Error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• ok, once again, touch button is just red light on, does not seem to react on any touch no matter when - after swtich on, or later, or before, even holding it in those actions does not change the behavior ...

Try this option to restore the receiver (under the spoiler).. but judging by the information provided in the 1st post, your friend burned the cooler control chip, I can show where it is on the motherboard 900. if a squeak is heard, then it is definitely not a vrezhime, but a large load on one of the voltages at the output of the dc/dc converter

we Russians have such a saying "there is no rest for hands from a bad head" :thank_you2:

• hmm, that cooler control chip - is it possible to replace it ? what would be the location or how can I test it ? thanks !

I do not know where it is installed in the 920, because I do not have this model, but not far from the 4-pin cooler connector. You can easily decipher its name by the symbols on the case, and in a Google search you write xxxx and see where the output data of the load (cooler) and the input voltage on the base are located. in theory, it has a short circuit between the housing and the input voltage, if the memory does not fail me, then this chip is a cooler control driver the same as in the dreambox 800se, I also recommend installing the cooler in the 9xx model, as in the 800se or 500hd. in terms of current consumption, they are just perfect and do not load the control chip and the DC/DC converter from which it is powered

Here look at the photo I took from the forum Johnny B and circled the whole node in red

it's in 900 as in 920 I don't know

and if you understand the circuitry, then understand from which dc/dc stabilizer the u2002 is powered (as it is designated in 900)

Dm900uhd voltages measurements
    Several voltage and ohm measurement from the Dreambox 900 UHD which could be handy when you need it. [ATTACH]
    jb8a8f8.com

thanks to Johnny B for the work done on voltage measurements to facilitate troubleshooting in 900

• Hi hecha71, I am also the same problem like phoenixxko in first post, but on my DM900. I connect 3 pin ventilator on white conector like on your photo, dreambox working without problems maybe 1O minut, but it turned itself off and didn't start again.

Just red light is on (no blinking) nothing on display, amber light on LAN port is rapidly blinking with very low light (I think you can also hear silent ticking sound as well). It is slowly heating up so I guess CPU is working (passive cooler).

There is nothing on serial console (COM1, 115200, 8,none,1,xon/xoff) - other DM is working with that setup, so I guess serial console setup is OK.

I tried different power source - 12V 5A - but it is the same ... so, any advice what to try before thrashing it ?

Is possible repair it in home? when I buy a new chip, Please help me if you can

Thanks lubina

• Hi hecha71, I am also the same problem like phoenixxko in first post, but on my DM900. I connect 3 pin ventilator on white conector like on your photo, dreambox working without problems maybe 1O minut,

Hi, so turn off the fuck this 3-pin cooler and check if the dreambox works without it. In general, why does the receiver tool a cooler of unknown origin? I have two dm900s and both have a cooler from dm800se installed (it is 4-pin) and there are no problems and "you can repair everything if it's not broken" above in my post is a link to Johnny's form, there are voltage measurements and if you understand circuit design have experience in repairing radio equipment, then look for a malfunction AND READ THE FORUM TOPICS THERE A LOT OF USEFUL INFORMATION.

• Is possible repair it in home? when I buy a new chip,

to buy, you need to be 100% sure that the malfunction is due to this detail, but judging from the description of your case, the problem does not occur immediately after turning on the receiver, it works normally for 10 minutes and when you are connected to the cooler, so turn it off and check.

• hecha71, thanks for your responde, once again:

if dreambox switch off after 10 min, I remove 3 pin fan, and dreambox cannot booted,

Just red light is on (no blinking) nothing on display, amber light on LAN port is rapidly blinking with very low light

absolutely not booted

Thanks

• hecha71, thanks for your responde, once again:

if dreambox switch off after 10 min, I remove 3 pin fan, and dreambox cannot booted,

Just red light is on (no blinking) nothing on display, amber light on LAN port is rapidly blinking with very low light

Friend, to understand what the reason is, you need to remove the mini-usb receiver startup log-connect the cable to the service port and PuTTY program and show what is written in it. and we are guessing on the coffee grounds, but I know for sure that the build quality of 900-920 motherboards is very poor and often the CPU needs to be reboled, but sometimes the memory is also poorly soldered.. try to lightly press on the CPU and memory , or warm up with a heat gun , or if the receiver is under warranty , send it for repair

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!