Helping a newbie with backup

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 776 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Greetings all

I am a newbie and I just got my Vu plus zero 4k last month,i am using the original image that comes with the device with the attached image

now I am trying to use DCC and Winscp to install plugins and Emo but unfortunately, it is so painful and most of them didn't work with the device

now a friend sent me a backup he is using which i attached also ,can someone explain to me with the most simple way what to do now or how to mount this backup to my device using USB flasdrive and how can I do backup incase some problems happened

regards

vuzero.JPG

System OE:OE 2.0
    Distro:official
    Firmware version:Experimental 2021-05-11.
    Driver date:4.1.20-20210407.r0
    Kernel version:4.1.20
    Gui version:2021-04-26-vuplus_experimental
  • master G

Approved the thread.
    • Official Post

can someone explain to me with the most simple way what to do now or how to mount this backup to my device using USB flasdrive

The official image is no longer supported and nobody uses it.

I suggest you use the image linked below.

Everything you need can be downloaded from the image feed. What isn`t on the feed will be found on AJPanel and DreamSatPanel plugins.

• master G

Added the Label Image Flashing Support
  • Thanks a lot

now I would like to know if I wanted to install the backup files I already got from a friend should I unzip that root file ??

also, I wanted to know will this backup remove the original image completely. and what do people mean by having more than image internal and external ones

regards

• Official Post

should I unzip that root file ??

No. Leave the folder structure as it is or the image flashing process won`t initialize.

The structure should be vuplus folder ~ zero4k folder ~ then the image files inside.

, I wanted to know will this backup remove the original image completely

Yes, it wipes everything.

and what do people mean by having more than image internal and external ones

Its called multiboot. You can download the openmultiboot plugin from the image feeds.

• Thanks a lot for the explanation I appreciate it

can I ask 1 last question

if I didn't like this backup image for example and did a factory reset after, what will happen?

and how can I copy the original image in case I needed any other time

• Official Post

what will happen?

Resets the image you just flashed. Doesn`t go back to the factory firmware.

and how can I copy the original image in case I needed any other time

Not sure where the option is in the menu, or if it even has that feature. It has limited functionality which is why nobody uses it. You won`t want to ever use it again once you try the other third party options.

VU+ Zero 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!