Oscam launcher missing from OpenWebif

There are 24 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,800 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• master G

Added the Label WebInfo OSCam
  • Hi.

Here is the OpenWebif source code. Specifically, an algorithm that looks for an available Oscam in the system and if it finds it... takes the necessary steps:

e2openplugin-OpenWebif/base.py at 6733eae4bed5a1399901f5d63222c03dee21c2cb · E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-OpenWebif
    GPL Web Interface for e2stabs. Contribute to E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-OpenWebif development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

According to this code, the presence of Oscam is detected through auxiliary temporary files. However, not every single Oscam that was compiled by some expert will also create these temporary files (by the way, they are hidden, you have to enable their visibility in FTP connection if you want to see them via FTP connection).

Although I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for in Open-Webif (Enigma2-Webif). Don't you mean Oscam-Webif ? Or do you really mean Open-Webif (Enigma2-Webif) ?

• The Oscam launcher option has suddenly gone missing from Open Webif.

Not sure how this happened. Does anyone know how to get it back?

OSCam is probably not installed or you have installed an incompatible version for your receiver.

It had been installed and was working fine, but a friend was trying to switch off the system yesterday and it has disappeared. No idea how that could have happened.

• It had been installed and was working fine, but a friend was trying to switch off the system yesterday and it has disappeared. No idea how that could have happened.

What happens when you start oscam from the command line? Does the option appear again in OpenWebif?

root@tmnano2super:/# find / -name 'oscam*' -print

/etc/tuxbox/config/oscam.dvbapi

/etc/tuxbox/config/oscam.services

/etc/tuxbox/config/oscam.provid

/etc/tuxbox/config/oscam.server

/etc/tuxbox/config/oscam.srvid2

/etc/tuxbox/config/oscam.conf

/etc/tuxbox/config/oscam.user

/etc/tuxbox/config/oscam.ccache

root@tmnano2super:/# /usr/bin/oscam -c /etc/tuxbox/config

-bash: /usr/bin/oscam: No such file or directory

root@tmnano2super:/#

Looks like oscam has disappeared....

I have just run following which I thought should install oscam but it didn't work....

python -c "$(wget https://raw.githubusercontent.…oad/main/Emu/installer.py -qO -)"

• Looks like oscam has disappeared....

I have just run following which I thought should install oscam but it didn't work....

Nope... the OSCam binary file name can also be called something else. It doesn't have to be exactly "oscam".

Even some Enigma2 distributions place the softcam binary file in some folder other than "/usr/bin" (than other, standard, all current Enigma2 distributions).

Try looking through the top or top -c command at the running processes and find the one that could belong to Oscam (for example, look for the startup parameters belonging to the Oscam process).

Or if you have the opportunity, install and use the htop tool / command. This one is more beautiful (more clear) tool.

Look in the contents of the "/etc/init.d" folder to see if there is a shell script (by name) that is intended for starting a SoftCAM.

If you're going to try anything else with the IPK softcam-installers, back up the oscam configuration files you found in your set-top box ! The IPK softcam-installer could delete your current configuration files.

• How do I run this code?

This code is activated automatically in Open-Webif, in case hidden files generated by OSCam have been discovered. However, this does not apply to every OSCam. Some OSCam builds can be modified or configured so that they don't have to generate this file and then even OpenWebif can't identify this OSCam on the system.

First try Oscam Webif and not Open Webif:

http://IP_address_of_your_set_top_box:PORT

PORT is usually 8888 or 83. If a different port is used, you will find it in the "oscam.conf" file (which you already found in Linux terminals, as you wrote above).

• Many thanks!!!

I ran this, and everything seems to work again

root@tmnano2super:/etc/init.d# ./softcam.OSCam_11714-r798 start

Looks like oscam stopped for some reason and didn't restart after a reboot.

OSCam Webinterface is once again visible as an option in OpenWebif.

• Run-level-3 symbolic link is probably broken. Check the "/etc/rc3.d" directory. There should be a sym-link to this "/etc/init.d/softcam.*" script file. That is, a symbolic-link, for example, like this:

/etc/rc3.d/S90softcam.OSCam_11714-r798

/etc/rc3.d/softcam has a symbolic link /etc/init.d/softcam which has a symbolic link to softcam.OSCam_11.714-r798

So it looks like it is set up correctly, although oscam seems to stop working after some hours, but I know how to restart it now.

But it would be nice to know what the problem is.

• If the Oscam process freezes, it is probably a bad / incompatible binary file or there is some bad compatibility with the system libraries in your Enigma2. Try another Oscam binary file. You can also download binary files here on this discussion forum. According to the type of your set top box, download the correct binary (mipsel, arm, sh4, aarch64, ...).

As first, stop your Oscam process. Then rename the binary file, according to the current binary, in your device - in the "/usr/bin" folder. And upload it to the set-top box (overwrite it). Check if the binary attributes are set correctly to 755.

• If the Oscam process freezes, it is probably a bad / incompatible binary file or there is some bad compatibility with the system libraries in your Enigma2. Try another Oscam binary file. You can also download binary files here on this discussion forum. According to the type of your set top box, download the correct binary (mipsel, arm, sh4, aarch64, ...).

As first, stop your Oscam process. Then rename the binary file, according to the current binary, in your device - in the "/usr/bin" folder. And upload it to the set-top box (overwrite it). Check if the binary attributes are set correctly to 755.

I'm using Oscam under OpenATV v7.1 on a Technomate TM-NANO 2 Super which is a mipsel box.

Not sure where to find the most appropriate version of Oscam.

• The Oscam launcher option has suddenly gone missing from Open Webif.

Not sure how this happened. Does anyone know how to get it back?

OSCam is probably not installed or you have installed an incompatible version for your receiver.

It seems that Oscam will run for several hours and then stop. I need re-install it and/or restart it several times a day.

How do I log that it has stopped?

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!