What does - PVR recordings (* optional) mean and how to active this feature on an OCTAGON SF8008

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 722 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “OCTAGON SF8008” to “What does - PVR recordings (* optional) mean and how to active this feature on an OCTAGON SF8008”.
  • master G

Added the Label Recording & Timers Support
    • Best Answer

I presume you are referring to the official spec of SF8008

Specifications:

- Enigma2 Linux OS operating system

- DVB-S2X 4K UHD & Multistream

- PIP HD & UHD (picture in picture)

- HDR 10bit & HLG

- blindscan (blind search)

- Kodi

- HbbTV

- Stalker

- HW multiboot

- ffmpeq HW Playback Support

- 2160P Media Playback H.264 and H.265 HEVC

- OTA updates

- PVR recordings (* optional)

- 0.5W stand-by

Which is basically saying you can record programs to a chosen storage media. Internal flash is very small, so only record programmes if you have attached a usb flash drive or hdd.

You can either put a good quality 16gb or 32gb flash drive in the usb port in the rear of your box.

Or attach an external usb hdd.

If you don't record a lot a small usb flash will suffice.

I only use a micro one as I don't record a lot

pasted-from-clipboard.jpg

And if you are new to enigma2 boxes, don't be scared to ask how to set your box up properly. Plenty of people to help.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• My guide to setting up openatv is a little old now. (see part 4)

But can be used as a reference guide for newbies, no matter what image you use

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!