Best 4K picture settings for Octagon SF8008

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,441 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• Hi guys,
    I recieved my box today and need some advice about the picture settings to choose between the following settings:
    - Mode: 2160p or 2160p30?
    - Refresh rate: 50 or 60 Hz?
    - HDMI colourspace: auto, rgb, 420, 422 or 444?
    - HDMI colourimetry: auto, BT 2020 NCL, BT 2020 CL or BT 709?

My tv: LG OLED C9 4K TV
    Thanks in advance!

• master G

Added the Label Display & LCD Support
  • Well that depends what you use your box for.

Are you using satellite which has 4k channels.
    Are you using iptv which has 4k channels. Very few do.

Unless you have access to lots of 4k channels, personally I would recommend setting your box to 1080p as most skins are only HD and not 4k.
    Some skins can get confused when switching between HD and 4K.
    Refresh rate: auto or 60hz for modern tvs
    Colourspace: Auto
    HDMI colourimetry: Auto

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Mode: 2160p

Refresh rate: Depends what country you are in, for Europe 50hz is usually correct, but you could use Multi and it should switch then depending on the content you are viewing.

HDMI colourspace: 444 is best, but your tv will probably default to 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 (you can check this by pressing the green button 8 times quickly on your LG TV remote)

HDMI colourimetry: Auto

• Never heard of skins getting confused between 1080 and 4K.

You don't want 60hz set for uk / europe channels as they are broadcast in 25/50hz and it causes frame skips / judders.

60HZ used mainly for US stuff, but there are exceptions, so Auto would be the best setting if you view both often.

• Obviously never used openatv metrix skin then, that breaks if you even look at it wrong :smiling face:

They may have fixed it in later versions, but its an sd skin, on a hd box, showing a fhd video. :face with head bandage:

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Obviously never used openatv metrix skin then, that breaks if you even look at it wrong :smiling face:

They may have fixed it in later versions, but its an sd skin, on a hd box, showing a fhd video. :face with head bandage:

There is an option to update Metrix to 1920 but i've not used that skin other than limited testing.

There is an option to update Metrix to 1920 but i've not used that skin other than limited testing.

Yes that is possible and i'am using it, and no problems so far.

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!