How to use the airplayer plugin?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,978 times. The last Post () by Daddy Bear.

• hey guys,

I recently came across an enigma 2 plugin called air player which i found in the vu+ addon section (v2.67) of this forum but am not sure how to use it.

I'm assuming that i ftp the .ipk file to the /tmp directory on my vu+ and install as normal but do i then need an app on my iphone?

If I do need an app on my iphone, which one do i need and is it free?

I really just want to be able to play you tube videos on my TV with the app because i really don't like the mytube plugin

Does the airpplayerplugin perform well?

I really cant wait to try it but just to know how to get up and running

Hope you can point me in the right direction

Cheers

D.B

(My Vu+ addiction is growing, just when i think I have my box exactly the way I want it, another awesome plugin/feature/image is released......Does it ever end :)

• That plugin is good but far from great, i cant seem to stream a video thats been downloaded from itunes to the tv but i can stream all videos ive recorded and youtube.

All you need to do is run the plugin then restart reciever once you do that you'll notice on your idevice when watching a video a smalll box to the right of the volume bar with a triangle in it press it and choose airplayer e2.

No app required on your idevice.

Have fun

Jono

Regards

Jono

:wales::linuxsat3:
    Currently using VU+ Duo, VU+ Uno & DM800 all original don't do clones!

• thanks jono,

i got the plugin installed and i can stream youtube & photos from my phone but videos on my phone play for a few seconds then pause

It also mentions something about needing a premium key after 14 days

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!