OpenATV 7.2 EPG disappearing

There are 45 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,321 times. The last Post () by pepsik.

• Yes, but the Image Devs says, this is more a Plugin issue, they have contact onesmore the Plugin Dev.

Dall'inizio del 2024 chiudo la mia attività per quanto riguarda E2 per problemi di salute.

Ab Anfang 2024 werde ich meine aktivität bezüglich E2 aus gesundheitlichen Gründen beenden.

• Yes, but the Image Devs says, this is more a Plugin issue, they have contact onesmore the Plugin Dev.

problem on zero4k - epg will disappear - not there for some channels after 20-40 minite after update

i thing epg get re-write - re-downloading over epg from satellite..like reported pepsik

need update ATV7.2 - epg import plugin

giopet - please contact ATV team coders to fix problem, thank you

vu zero4k - ATV7.2 image from 20/01/2023

VU Zero4k ATV7.3

• Can you write with wich channels are this problems to test this?

Dall'inizio del 2024 chiudo la mia attività per quanto riguarda E2 per problemi di salute.

Ab Anfang 2024 werde ich meine aktivität bezüglich E2 aus gesundheitlichen Gründen beenden.

• Ok,for me testing not possible,because here only Astra 19.2 and Hotbird,but I will get a look,thats here with my channels the same problem is.

• tested it several times ,but only with ATV 7.1 with no problems,but I will test it tomorrow witv ATV 7.2 too.

• Sorry,but i´m only ATV tester and what I have test here ,I don´t have this problems with ATV 7.2 and the epgimporter Plugin,tested onesmore with ATV 7.2 from today.I can re-run the import of EPG events as many times,but the epg are showing here ,if I look after for example three hours,the epg´s are ok too.

• Sorry,but i´m only ATV tester and what I have test here ,I don´t have this problems with ATV 7.2 and the epgimporter Plugin,tested onesmore with ATV 7.2 from today.I can re-run the import of EPG events as many times,but the epg are showing here ,if I look after for example three hours,the epg´s are ok too.

Are you sure you looked at the OpenATV 7.2 log? What did you spend so much time on?

Regardless of the version of EPGImport - adding events is "sending" a tuple from the list of serviceref and tuple of events tuple to the importEvents method described in epgcache.cpp - https://github.com/openatv/eni…ib/dvb/epgcache.cpp#L2211

The data structure that is passed to this method is the following

Code
    ([serviceref,serviceref,serviceref, *** ]((starttime, duration, title, short_descr, long_descr, event_type, event_id, ((lang, parent_rating),)), ***) 

So ... Very easy to check ... Stop the Enigma2 framework (init 4) ... Delete epd.dat ... Start Enigma2 (init 3) ... Import events using any version of EPGImport ... View the result ...Reboot... And... Restart the import of the events of the same source... Look at the result :face screaming in fear: and to LOG of OpenATV 7.2 ... The log will contain these messages from epgcache.cpp when the event import is restarted

The structure in the log is the

# onid:tsid:sid

# {:04x}:{:04x}:{:04x} -> {uint16}:{uint16}:{uint16}

Code
            int onid = PyLong_AsLong(PyTuple_GET_ITEM(serviceReferences, 0));
            int tsid = PyLong_AsLong(PyTuple_GET_ITEM(serviceReferences, 1));
            int sid = PyLong_AsLong(PyTuple_GET_ITEM(serviceReferences, 2));

All re-imported events displayed in this way in the log will DISAPPEAR from epg.dat

This bug only exists on the OpenATV 7.2 image... On any other image, including any version of OpenATV - there is no problem when re-importing events with any version of EPGImport

Below "in pictures" with a new epg.dat and after re-importing the same sources into an already existing epg.dat file

New epg.dat

Снимок экрана 2023-01-21 в 14.01.05.png

A complete rboot of SATbox! - This is very important otherwise the bug will not appear !!!!

After reboot - re-importing the same sources with an already existing (obtained earlier) epg.dat

Снимок экрана 2023-01-21 в 14.10.49.png

Where are the events? And what did you test for several hours?

• Sorry,but I don´t have here a VU+ to test this.With my receiver I don´t have your problems.

• Sorry,but I don´t have here a VU+ to test this.With my receiver I don´t have your problems.

It does not depend on the "brand" of the receiver at all

Today, for the sake of experiment, I updated the image through

Code
    opkg update && opkg upgrade

A fairly large number of different modules and components of the image have been updated ...

Without deleting the existing epg.dat, I started updating the EPG in EPGImport ... Everything worked as expected, and no "drop-outs" of events

The problem is gone with update to version dated 27/01/23

Снимок экрана 2023-01-27 в 20.41.11.pngСнимок экрана 2023-01-27 в 20.40.49.png

A little later I'll see what changes were made in the code on github ... Nevertheless, at the moment I also do not observe problems with the disappearance of events after re-importing them with an already existing (not empty) epg.dat

• No... hurried... events is disappearing... It was just necessary to check all the records more carefully... And not just the "first" twenty. Now I'll try to understand the disappearing logic and describe how to repeat it

The only thing I can say for sure is that the fault is not on the side of EPGImport ... EPGImport always gives the same data to the epgcache.cpp code. And the EPGImport code does not care whether a new (clean) epg.dat file is used or already with any data ... Likewise, the "brand" of the receiver being used has nothing to do with this error. C code works the same =) as python code too

• Now I'll try to understand the disappearing logic and describe how to repeat it

The latest version of OpenATV 7.2 from 27/01/23 is freshly installed ...

1) Stop enigma2 and delete existing epg.dat

2) run enigma2 and import events using EPGImport - EPG sources are imported and there will be events on all channels

3) Restart GUI

4) Run event import again using the same EPG sources - in 100% of cases out of 100 I get an error

the serviceref from userbouquet by which we get this error looks like this

Code
    #SERVICE 5001:0:1:8858:f76a:6ae6:1010101:0:0:0:http%3a//some.domain.com%3a80/live/token/travel-channelHD/video.m3u8:® Travel Channel HD
    #DESCRIPTION ® Travel Channel HD 

The data structure that is passed to eEPGCache::importEvent fully complies with the requirements described in the comments in this function - https://github.com/openatv/eni…ib/dvb/epgcache.cpp#L2191

• Sorry,but why you deleate the existing epg.dat?What´s the reason to do this,when it´s not necessary?I never deleate the epg.dat and have not this problems.

• Sorry,but why you deleate the existing epg.dat?

For comparison .. Imagine that you have a "clean" freshly installed image. You are importing EPG events... And also to understand at what stage the error occurs .. So .. The error occurs ALWAYS with an already existing epg.dat containing any data on channels that are re-imported

But there are also errors in the channelselection class... See two pictures in the attachment... Channel BOX M.Serial HD - the current event is NOT displayed in the list.... Press (info) on RC (screenshot 2) there are events!?? Is this an image bug or so intended?

Снимок экрана 2023-01-28 в 09.28.51.pngСнимок экрана 2023-01-28 в 09.29.06.png

• Ok,I have onesmore posted your post to the ATV Chat,I hope that they find a Solution to fix this problem, unfortunately I can't do more than that. But another problem is certainly that due to all the changes on py3,because there are still some construction sites and sometimes only two devs are working on it at the moment.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!