[Tutorial] [PC-LINUX] XBMC VDR + + OSCAM Ubuntu

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 21,166 times. The last Post () by TH3-J0K3R.

• Official Post

[Tutorial] [PC-LINUX] XBMC VDR + + OSCAM Ubuntu

All Credit To Davy, Translated With Google.
    Hello to you always-s,
    The purpose of this tutorial is to detail all the steps for using OSAM and VDR to watch TV with the familiar Media Center XBMC.
    We will use the addon / plugin PVR xvdr to establish communication between XBMC and VDR and the plugin / protocol DVBAPI as a link between VDR and OSCAM.
    PPPs are not always stable over time and not always compatible with all versions of Ubuntu or VDR, we will describe here how to install the various plugins / addons by compiling them. Do not worry, it does not hurt.

We'll start by installing a set of packages that may be useful in the life of the compiler that we are aspiring

Code
    sudo aptitude install subversion git-core patchutils build-essential openssl  libssl-dev gcc g++ pcscd pcsc-tools libpcsclite1 libpcsclite-dev cmake make libpthread-stubs0 libpthread-stubs0-dev libncurses5 libncurses5-dev wget bzip2 git-core patchutils libproc-processtable-perl libtool mercurial

XBMC :

I suggest you install the PVR proposed by pulse-eight well because it follows the evolution of XBMC while very stable:
    To do this, execute the following script:

Code
    wget http://packages.pulse-eight.net/ubuntu/install-xbmc.sh
    chmod a+x install-xbmc.sh
    ./install-xbmc.sh

The media center is then available in your applications. You can then configure it to your liking (skin, language, Media Library ...).

XBMC-ADDON-XVDR :

We will now install the addon that will link vdr:

Code
    git clone https://github.com/pipelka/xbmc-addon-xvdr.git
    cd xbmc-addon-xvdr
    sh autogen.sh
    ./configure --prefix=$HOME/.xbmc
    make
    make install
    cd ..
    sudo rm -R xbmc-addon-xvdr

VDR :

Installing vdr can be done from native deposits of Ubuntu, or you may also want to use a newer version of ppa via yavdr.
    - If you are under or Natty Lucid and want to use version 1.7.22 VDR

Code
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yavdr/stable-vdr
    sudo apt-get update

- If you're on and Natty Precise and Lucid or want to use version 1.7.27:

Code
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yavdr/testing-vdr
    sudo apt-get update

In all cases, you end up installing vdr sources and that we can then compile the plugin:

Code
    sudo apt-get install vdr vdr-dev

Therefore, you must configure VDR as it's so easy ... by editing the various files in the / var / lib / vdr /

VDR-PLUGIN-XVDR :

We will now install the VDR plugin that communicates with XBMC

Code
    git clone https://github.com/pipelka/vdr-plugin-xvdr.git
    cd vdr-plugin-xvdr
    gedit Makefile

We modify the following settings in the file:

Code
    DVBDIR = /usr
    VDRDIR = /usr/include/vdr
    LIBDIR = /usr/lib/vdr/plugins

Then compile and install the plugin:

Code
    sudo make
    cd ..
    sudo rm -R vdr-plugin-xvdr

You can now (VDR restart and activate the VDR addon X in XBMC to view channels in clear.

OSCAM :

We will now install OSCAM to communicate with our membership card to a satellite package paid so much ... We'll have to patch the stable version of OSCAM for it to be able to communicate with VDR.

Then set OSCAM as you know so well done by editing the files in / usr / local / etc /
    Create the following section in the file oscam.conf to allow communication with VDR:

Code
    [dvbapi]
    ennabled = 1
    au = 1
    user = vdr
    boxtype = pc
    pmt_mode = 1

VDR-PLUGIN-DVBAPI :

You end up installing the plugin allowing to connect to VDR DVBAPI of Oscam:

Code
    git clone https://github.com/manio/vdr-plugin-dvbapi.git
    cd vdr-plugin-dvbapi
    sudo gedit Makefile

Edit the Makefile with the following values:

Code
    VDRDIR = /usr/include/vdr
    LIBDIR = /usr/lib/vdr/plugins

Compile and install:

Code
    sudo make
    cd..
    rm -R vdr-plugin-dvbapi

That's it, once VDR OSCAM properly configured you can enjoy your scrambled pay for XBMC!

• I want to install vnsi server on my machine with oscam and nest connect it with oscam to have possibility connect my 2 htpc with them. Is my idea possible?

• hi masterG ,

i am looking into conveting one of my old towers , what version of ubunto would this suit , i have debian8 jessie on my HTPC laptop
    but couid only get xbmx 13.1 to install on that system , very possible my linux skillset that caused that i might add lol,
    that been said though this would fit in and replace my windows setup used in much the same way as

many thanx in advance

Honcho

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!