Gigablue UHD beeping in deep stand-by

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 578 times. The last Post () by georgeflu.

• Few days ago my wife reported that a beep sound was generated from the decoder, which was switched off, in deep stand-by. The noise from spinning HDD was also coming, be

It happen to me to hear the same beeping, then I powered on, and in stand-by is "non-working" correctly.... If I power on the decoder, when in use, it's fine I see no issue so far.

I wonder if this noise is generated from the motherboard for some reason as battery replacement or other hardware issue, as typical MB beeps coming from PC. Of course it's strange to hear the beep if the decoder should be completely OFF (except for the rear power button).

Any similar experience or info to understand the possible root cause?

Thanks

Edited 2 times, last by MrKappa ().

• Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing to do such typical troubleshooting method (disconnect some hardware as HDD or tuner and see what happening etc.)

I'm just curious why the decoder, which should be in deep stand-by might need to activate the HDD or anything else, as it should not do any update, EPG update or anything. It's also strange, because, it's operating correctly when is powered, so I can watch and record, watch a recorded program.

I will investigate in the next days. Does it happened to others?

• i do not own this receiver (but also i do not use so much the deepstandby action) , but in many fuctions there is option "when in standby" , so epg could be one of themand starts even if it is in deep standby...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!