can enigma2 amiko viper4k combo be used to project my PC screen onto my TV (miracast)

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 567 times. The last Post () by pf2222.

• Hello,

I hope a linux forum can help me, since Enigma2 seems linux based.

I bought an amiko recently and I'm wondering if the wifi inside it can be used to project my PC screen onto my TV (miracast).

Since I am completely new to linux and enigma2 system I need help figuring this out. I tried to type the IP I found on my PC network options but I could not establish a connection - with this I mean that my amiko didn't show up in the list of devices (on my pc) I could project my pc screen to.

I have here a few images and I'm hoping you could clarify to me whether or not this receiver can be used to screen cast or will I need to by an android box in the end?

If it can't be used for that, what is the wifi for then? AND what are some of these terms? could you brief me in on the advantages of using some of the options that my Amiko provides?

Thank you :)

PSA hosted at ImgBB
    Image PSA hosted in ImgBB
    ibb.co

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “enigma 2 amiko viper4k combo” to “can enigma2 amiko viper4k combo be used to project my PC screen onto my TV (miracast)”.
  • How do I mirror my Windows to my TV ?

On the laptop, press the Windows button and type in 'Settings'. Then go to 'Connected devices' and click on the 'Add

device' option at the top. The drop down menu will list all the devices you can mirror to. Select your TV and the laptop

screen will start mirroring to the TV.

• How do I mirror my Windows to my TV ?

On the laptop, press the Windows button and type in 'Settings'. Then go to 'Connected devices' and click on the 'Add

device' option at the top. The drop down menu will list all the devices you can mirror to. Select your TV and the laptop

screen will start mirroring to the TV.

Thanks, but that's not what I wanted to know.

My issue is that I don't know whether the WIFI feature inside my satellite receiver can be used for mirror screening at all.

The satellite receiver recognizes my internet router 'nearby' as it does display it.

HOWEVER, my laptop doesn't recognize the satellite receiver for desktop projection.

If I cannot do it with the receiver, will an android box give me that possibility?

Amiko Viper 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download Amiko Firmware & Images. Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision & PurE2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!