Is there enough memory to upgrade everything ?

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 854 times. The last Post () by Jack4870.

• Hi

I have a Vu+ Zero 4k. With an older Black Hole and 7.3 openpli.

I've readed somewhere that Openpli 8.3 needs more memory.

And I see that there's Open Black Hole 5.2 for Vu+

Am I safe qua memory to install these both upgrades ? And still have memory left for plugins ? Or only a few plugins ?

Thanks

• Official Post

Not sure why you are worried, but go ahead and upgrade it.

An openpli image is around 80MB. The Vu+ Zero 4K has 4096MB flash memory, so there`s plenty of space left for everything else.

I think you might be confusing RAM with Flash memory. Either way the E2 image teams won`t build new images for this model if the hardware can`t cope with it.

• That's great news for me, thanks.

I should first flash = "Open Black Hole 5.2" ??
    and then ''Openpli 8.3" ?

I hope both software are stable ?

Open Black Hole = it says less freezes ? In general less freezes or do they mean with oscam and so ?

• For as far as you know, Is = Open Black Hole 5.2 stable and working great ??

Is an autobackup enough, to not loose my created bouckets of channels and favourites ?
    I would hate it, to check 5000 channels one by one again, if they go open or not. From 46 East till 30 West.
    Tooked me a 8 days checking work.

Edited 4 times, last by Jack4870 ().

• Let's say I encounter any problem with Black Hole or Openpli.

I've maded a full backup with = BackupSuite.
    I know that BackupSuite backups my Openpli version.
    But I don't know, if it also backup my = Black Hole version ???
    I even don't know, what = Black Hole version, I'm using ???
    Is there any way to check that ?

Will BackupStore restore everything as before ?
    As well as my older Black Hole version, as well as my older Openpli version ?
    If ''Yes''; Then I'm safe to experience and to try upgrading all.
    Even it's costs me again 8 days, checking all channels.

Sorry for all my questions. I'm a newbie, but has already learned a lot about this box.
    So far, I love my VU+. I think a dreambox will be to technical for me.
    A Vu+ is just do-able.

Thanks for your help

Edited once, last by Jack4870 ().

• Official Post

But I don't know, if it also backup my = Black Hole version ???

Black Hole has its own backup function from Menu > Backup Menu.

I even don't know, what = Black Hole version, I'm using ???

Menu > Information > About.

Will BackupStore restore everything as before ?

Full backup is the complete image with settings, plugins, skins, whatever you`ve installed etc..

Settings backup is just the settings you`ve configured, tuner, bouquets, channel list.

• Black Hole has its own backup function from Menu > Backup Menu.

Is it = Automatic Full backup version 6.8 ?? In Plugins ?
    In the main menu itself, I have only = Auto backup (for channels and favs and so) Not for full Black Hole.

Menu > Information > About.

I see only = openpli 7 release. and a lot of other info. Even in memory.
    But nothing to be founded about = Black Hole.

Full backup is the complete image with settings, plugins, skins, whatever you`ve installed etc..

Settings backup is just the settings you`ve configured, tuner, bouquets, channel list.

So, to stop me confusing. BackupStore full update 150MB = Kernel and everything = will restore Black Hole and Openpli, yes ?

• It might be confusing for you as well.

When I start my box, the first second I see a picture of = Black Hole

After 5 seconds = Openpli loads.

Therefore I was thinking, I have both = Black Hole program and Openpli.

Or am I wrong ?? I know for sure, that I'm using Openpli on this box.

And see 2 seconds of a picture of = Black Hole

am I using now only = Openpli or both these programs (including Black Hole)

Edited once, last by Jack4870 ().

• Official Post

After 5 seconds = Openpli loads.

Therefore I was thinking, I have both = Black Hole program and Openpli.

Or am I wrong ?? I know for sure, that I'm using Openpli on this box.

You have a Black Hole splash screen, but the main image in flash memory is OpenPLi. You don`t have both images at the same time.

The splash screen is just a bootlogo that should not be there, and will be overwritten when you flash a new OpenBh or OpenPLi image.

• OMG :face screaming in fear: , bare with me. See how "THAT" can confuse new people ???

The = "Black Hole splash screen" should be removed !!! It can be confusing newbies, like me !!

It should be fully = Openpli version only !! Better create a ''Openpli Splash screen".

That's like = "AMD PC LOGO" screen splashing showing, but you have a Full INTEL PC. How confusing.
    People ask = Have I now an AMD ?? Or an INTEL ??

So it's clear to me now. I have only = Openpli 8.3 to flash, right ???

And = Backupsuite, might take me back to 7.3, if anything goes wrong. (kernel and everything = backuped

Black Hole as a program on it's own. No, thank you. I don't find it so beautifull.
    I'm a full Openpli lover and I stay with = Openpli
    Let's see how far I can go, without any problems. Openpli 7.3 or 8.3

Edited 2 times, last by Jack4870 ().

• Official Post

Some of the E2 image teams include their own splash screen and others don`t. If the E2 image you download doesn`t come with a splash screen you will need to add your own or you`re stuck with the old bootlogo.

You only need to flash the new image of choice now, either OpenBh or OpenPli. Try both to see which you prefer. I personally use OpenATV.

You can have one image in flash and boot all the others from a HDD with a multiboot plugin. That should be your next mission :rocket:

Use BackupSuite plugin to take a complete backup of the current image, then you can go back to it again or use it with the multiboot plugin.

• 1 Big Huge problem with Upgrading !!!

Someone let me a script install = that's showing = Sky Germany in stream mode. In my favourites lists !!

If I upgrade = I loose "Sky Germany" created boucket channel, streaming list.

So I loose = Sky Germany, because I don't know, how to create such a list.

The guy, who created this for me, is not contactable anymore. I'm on my own now. Without any help.
    I don't know, how to manually create a list, of all German Channels Boucket..

• Official Post

I don't know, how to manually create a list, of all German Channels Boucket..

Connect to the Zero 4K with an FTP tool > go to /etc/enigma2 > backup the .tv files which are the bouquets/favorites. These can easily be restored to any image.

Ciefp settings has the custom streamrelay German bouquets included. It can be downloaded from most of the new image feeds.

Enigma2 ciefpsettings - Linux Satellite Support Community
    ciefp Enigma2 Settings Download. Custom Satellite Channel list for Intelsat 34.5 West ~ ABS 75.0 East with IPTV Stream TV And MultiStream for ZeonBud T2-MI…
    www.linuxsat-support.com
  • what I hate on this VU+ backup restore ? My VU+ was restoring to a backup. The LIGHT on the front, was blinking for 24 hours !!! No messages !!
    Just keep ''Blinking''. In the end, I've plugged out the plug. Box was loading. In the end = the restoring tooked only 20 minutes !!
    Why keep flashing the front light, for 24 hours ? I was thinking that this restoring tooked more than 24 hours ???!!! that's not possible !!
    I've learned one important thing with = OpenPli = Use a USB-stick with LIGHTS !!!

If your USB stick stops = blinking !! Then the backup has stopped. No need to wait 24 hours for nothing !!
    I think It might be a bug in the program itself or my box !!

24 hours restoring time is NOT possible !! It might be a script problem.
    After installing, the BOX didn't re-start !! So, It keeps blinking forever !!!!

Solution = When you see the message, Box will restart within 3 seconds, plug the USB stick out !!
    Or it RE-INSTALLS again and again = In a Never Ending LOOP !!!

This might have to do something with = FORCE.UPDATE
    After every boot, it starts forcing the update again = Neverending LOOP !!!

Now you have learned also something from me, hihihi. Awesome
    This is a bug from = BACKUPSITE (great prog, but 1 bug)

When the box restarts = plug the USB stick out !! Or it keeps re-writen over and over every file, without stopping !!
    So it keeps restoring = in a LOOP !! A circle without no ending.
    When restarting = plug the USB stick out. And let it load. All should be perfect.

This problem started from version = OpenPli 7.1 already !!!

I hope this information also helps other people who have version 7. ??? still.
    Plugin = BackupSuite , press blue button = Backup (RESTORE)
    confirm and agree. Load the map, where you're backup of these 2 important files are.
    You must find these 2 files. Or you can't flash !!
    Press green button to flash. When It says = restarting in 3 seconds, plug the USB stick out !!
    Let it load. After loading, restart you're box again. All should be, in the condition, when you maded the backup.

Openpli 7.1 / ........... From 8.1 it might be different or not work. It might need plugin updates !!

Edited 10 times, last by Jack4870 ().

• I don't know, how to manually create a list, of all German Channels Boucket..

Connect to the Zero 4K with an FTP tool > go to /etc/enigma2 > backup the .tv files which are the bouquets/favorites. These can easily be restored to any image.

Ciefp settings has the custom streamrelay German bouquets included. It can be downloaded from most of the new image feeds.

https://www.linuxsat-support.c…2-ciefpsettings/#versions

Yes, that was what I was asking before. Does an auto-backup don't restore these files ?
    Ofcourse, I can manually backup and save the files on my USB stick.

Only backup = .TV and .favourite files ? The bouckets I've created ?
    What about a file called lambd or something ???

I've deleted a stream list on my favourites, and I destroyed the link into ''Bouckets.TV" but it comes back as <n/a>
    I remove this <n/a> I press menu, to remove this boucket = permanently !!
    After restarting or starting my box, this <n/a> comes back !!!
    Something is wanna create this boucket again, but I don't know where or in witch file ???
    is it in Lambd ???

Or a memory file, that wanna restore ???

I might have by accident, change the settings of XSTREAMITY.
    Changed it from .TS to M3U. Is that the reason ?? It starts creating = Streaming Bouckets ?
    I changed it back to .TS. But it still keeps creating Streaming bouckets.

Last time before <n/a> it has something to do with XSTREAMITY.
    Ow yes, there's a dead server in it. Is he the one, who creates this boucket again ?
    I might delete this = DEAD server.

• MY DEEPEST APPOLOGIES = SINCERLY !!!!!!!!
    PLEASE BELIEVE ME !!!!!!
    I FEEL SICK NOW !!!!!!!
    I only did wanna help other people !!!!!!!!
    Didn't know = speaking about IPTV , was so = TABOO !!!!!
    And = CCCam / NCAM / or OSCAM files sharing = are LEGAL and approved !!! OK !!

Edited 3 times, last by Jack4870 ().

VU+ Zero 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!