UPGRADE-OPENVIX-6.4.xx-dm800se-sim2-pgs

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,066 times. The last Post () by parageria.

• parageria

Have you considered modifying this image (or some other ) for dm800se original ? I noticed that some "newer" images are modified mainly

for cloned boxes , but not for original , if is possible. It' a similar as for other dreambox cloned models. My box is an orIginal and

is very hard to find image who will works in OMB ( images who will works with OpenPli in flash , example newer BlackHole or OpenBH ).

Thank you.

• do you want a original image for internal flash or external (boot from usb)?

• I want the image who will work in external flash as multiboot ( Openpli core ) . My image is Openpli 11.3 in flash.

Big thanks if you can do it this modify for original box , not only for me , than also maybe for other users.

• I want the image who will work in external flash as multiboot ( Openpli core ) . My image is Openpli 11.3 in flash.

Big thanks if you can do it this modify for original box , not only for me , than also maybe for other users.

as I understand, your receiver, boot from internal flash (opli 11.3) and in your external usb have install OMB from there (opli 11.3)

if so , i want the link from where downloaded your internal image.

• Thank you very much for your modification of these two images for the dm800se original.

I installed and tested both images. This is the first time I encounter PY3 images. My box is exclusively for PY2 image in flash, but PY3 image can also be installed in OMB. I decided to keep Openvix 6.3, which in my opinion is better than OpenBH 5.2 in terms of plugins and other features in the image. As for oscam, you will have to install from another source (for ICAM patch). There are two versions in feeds

(Oscam-emu 11718 and oscam-latest, which I do not recommend). Oscam-latest is not an emulator. What I miss is a plugin in feeds for adjusting the temperature (tempfancontrol or fan control 2 as in other images). The selection of extensions in plugins is more or less the same as in other images. There is also a rich selection of bootlogos for the image. Also , why isn't in plugins plugin Software Manager as in the others images

for downloading some pythons if missing , but this is a question for developers of PY3 images.

• Thank you very much for your modification of these two images for the dm800se original.

I installed and tested both images. This is the first time I encounter PY3 images. My box is exclusively for PY2 image in flash, but PY3 image can also be installed in OMB. I decided to keep Openvix 6.3, which in my opinion is better than OpenBH 5.2 in terms of plugins and other features in the image. As for oscam, you will have to install from another source (for ICAM patch). There are two versions in feeds

(Oscam-emu 11718 and oscam-latest, which I do not recommend). Oscam-latest is not an emulator. What I miss is a plugin in feeds for adjusting the temperature (tempfancontrol or fan control 2 as in other images). The selection of extensions in plugins is more or less the same as in other images. There is also a rich selection of bootlogos for the image. Also , why isn't in plugins plugin Software Manager as in the others images

for downloading some pythons if missing , but this is a question for developers of PY3 images.

you can use any plugin if there is ,on feeds

or any plugin from devs py3

(it must be supported from hardware)

feeds and online upgrade works

• Please can you tell me, can I upgrade the image as the image has been modiffied for my box. What is the Firmware Upgrade plugin for?

It's really good image for me , and I'm very satisfied how it works.

yes

you must be on the modiffied image fo example openvix 6.3

telnet

opkg update

opkg --force-depends upgrade

dont worry , the modiffied files is in .py extension

• I installed blindscan plugin from the feeds , but I can't scan transponders ( see screenshot ). I'ts seems that something

isn't properly installed and missing or is some issue in image. Please can you tell me if is possible to fix it . Also is problem

with installation HDF Radio ( python3-mutagen , bad magic number ). Python 3 images are good , but they are not finished to the end.

Does the same thing happen on other boxes , example VU+ ?. When i select scan i get this message. Thank you.

• I installed blindscan plugin from the feeds , but I can't scan transponders ( see screenshot ). I'ts seems that something

isn't properly installed and missing or is some issue in image. Please can you tell me if is possible to fix it . Also is problem

with installation HDF Radio ( python3-mutagen , bad magic number ). Python 3 images are good , but they are not finished to the end.

Does the same thing happen on other boxes , example VU+ ?. When i select scan i get this message. Thank you.

enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-blindscan: unsatisfied recommendation for virtual/blindscan-dvbs ( maybe ...i will try ... }

bad magic number : different version python

• Thank you if you can modify the OpenATV 7.2 image. As for blindscan, it was to be expected that it works normally. That's why I asked the question if anyone else who installed the Openvix image from this thread (for original and clone) had the same problem. Perhaps precisely because the image has been modified, it should be expected that some plugins will not work.I already installed Openatv 6.4 in multiboot but it could not boot (original for dm800se), I don't know why.Maybe is not compatible with Openpli in flash? Or I was not patient because it takes a little more time to boot to the usb stick.

• Thank you if you can modify the OpenATV 7.2 image. As for blindscan, it was to be expected that it works normally. That's why I asked the question if anyone else who installed the Openvix image from this thread (for original and clone) had the same problem. Perhaps precisely because the image has been modified, it should be expected that some plugins will not work.I already installed Openatv 6.4 in multiboot but it could not boot (original for dm800se), I don't know why.Maybe is not compatible with Openpli in flash? Or I was not patient because it takes a little more time to boot to the usb stick.

this image, vu+, modify to work on dm800se not compile - build . blindscan need enigma2 from image base for dreambox or for vu+ that support blindscan ..like ..vuultimo..(i will modify vuultimo openbh 5.2 )

when a image boot

a) boot with vmlinux that is on flash , with /lib/modules/ that is on image in OMB or ROOT

b) this vmlinux with modules MUST BE from the same compile-build image base from pli or openatv

c) not possible ,for example, to boot if vmlinux on flash is pli and modules on multiboot image is from openatv or the opposite

d) possible to boot image base pli, with vmlinux - modules from openatv or the opposite

• Thank you for reply. It's not so big problem if blindscan not works . I managed to install HDFRadio plugin using Putty ( python3-mutagen),

but now is sometimes issue with buffering ( 90 - 95% ). These days I will install E2iPlayer and see how it will works.

• parageria

Changed the title of the thread from “OPENVIX-6.3.xx-dm800se-sim2-pgs” to “UPGRADE-OPENVIX-6.4.xx-dm800se-sim2-pgs”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!