"Simple" UK Freesat Replacement Box with Internal HDD

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 837 times. The last Post () by BlastHardcheese.

• I used to have an old Humax Foxsat box with Raydon's Custom Firmware that allowed me to add some of the non-freesat channels to the main EPG, even though I still often had to set manual recordings due to the lack of EPG data for those.

I'm wondering if there is a Linux Satellite Box equivalent ?. Something where I can scan all available channels and have a usable EPG that includes the UK Freesat lineup with any non-Freesat channels included as and when I add them. Ideally it would allow the 'standard' recording of selecting the item in the EPG and choosing 'Record' rather than having to manually set the timer, but that's certainly not a deal breaker.

I know nothing about this world at the moment but I'm quite interested on learning so any box would have to have a 'gentle' learning curve :)

I've looked for information on the Octagon SF8008 and the AX HD61 but there's very little (at least that I can find) about the actual user inferface as far as setting things up and accessing the EPG.

Thanks in advance :)

• Official Post

Something where I can scan all available channels and have a usable EPG that includes the UK Freesat lineup with any non-Freesat channels included as and when I add them.

There are enigma2 plugins for that, Autobouquetsmaker and EPG import. Both can be downloaded from the image / firmware feeds.

bQ8qYrl.png

eDARKNESS_FHD-4-800x445.jpg

I've looked for information on the Octagon SF8008 and the AX HD61 but there's very little (at least that I can find) about the actual user inferface as far as setting things up and accessing the EPG.

They both use enigma2 images / firmware, which is the operating system, so they basically function and are setup exactly the same way.

Firmware is compiled by different teams, OpenATV, OpenPLi etc, but they are essentially just different flavors of the same thing, enigma2.

As you can see from the screenshots above, EPG Import is configured once, then a full EPG guide can be accessed from the EPG button on the remote control.

Once you get the box ask for support and we will direct you to what`s needed.

Everything you need for those receivers are here ~ Enigma2 Essentials

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD

AX Technology

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!